Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Venco Wing. NH.

Hi all. For those who did not know this I regret to inform you of the passing of Jim Venne in 2014. His shop out in the boonies of New Hampshire was the destination of many wing riders from all over New England and Canada too. His knowledge of our wings was complete. Always knew what he was saying and doing. His repair work was very reasonable compared to a dealership and equally as guaranteed. He was sick for many years but kept on riding and working. A good guy. :frown2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
R&R Trikes -Jasper, Ga
Motorsports Plus -Blairsville, Ga
Steve's Cycle Shop -Clearwater, Fl

Steve is the absolute best I've seen with older wings

·
Registered
131 Posts
Awesome thread!

Anybody know a good place in the San Jose, Ca area? I've checked with several shops and so far only one has expressed an interest in working on a bike with a sidecar attached, and NOBODY is even remotely interested in mounting a car tire - liability they say...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cycle Passions, Freehold NJ

John Senopole
Cycle Passions LLC
739 Park Ave.
(Rt.33, business rear)
Freehold, NJ 07728
732-414-2033

John has worked on my 1997 Goldwing. He did the timing belts and replaced the rear tire. He's worked on my Vstrom and my friends Harley Davidson VRod and Road King. He works on all makes and models of motorcycles. He does his his own work. Highly recommended. Tell him Tom or Butch sent you.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
If looking for a great price for older bikes come on down to baja to my friend at motos baja, make it a winter vacation... he has been doing work for me for 18 years on all kinds of bikes including my 1984 goldwings, to my 97 valkyrie. Just bring the parts. contact me directly and I can put you in touch with him. Motos Baja in LaPaz BCS Mexico. There is primitive camping a block away from me for free. and there is a campground that is beachfront with toilets/showers also right next to me for $5.00 a night. PM me.

·
Magic Moderator
4,218 Posts
I don't know how good this shop is in New Mexico but they might be good in a pinch. Found them on Craigslist: https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/d/honda-goldwing-bike-and-trike/6687307736.html
(505) 315-7520 1011 Roma Ave NE
Honda Goldwing Service. GL1800, GL1500, GL1200 Motorcycle and Trike repair and accessories installed. Our new garage is open (at I-25 and Roma). Offering $25 Bike service/$35 Trike service. If you you bring in your own oil and filter (we will recycle your old oil). Two Honda mechanics and two Accessory Pit mechanics on-board. Multiple decades of experience. Have a great day!

·
103 Posts
Sometimes you just want a job done by a pro, don't have time to tackle a project, or don't want to invest in tools you know you'll need.

It may be a good dealership, or individuals working out of their garage...don't matter as long as the skill is there.

For me, I need someone I can 'go to' in Dallas, Texas when I don't feel up to the task.

Any help?

There is a guy in Texas Name is Fred Harmon , I think he does side gigs.

I think can still find him on GL1800riders.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I can't believe one in the DFW metromess hasn't come up so....

Brandon has done a few things that fit into the I don't want to fool with. He's done a great job with the carbs and some other things on my '86 wing. He's located in Argyle (was Flower Mound, but needed more space). The Metric Garage web page

http://www.themetricgarage.com/

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
Well I can't believe one in the DFW metromess hasn't come up so....

Brandon has done a few things that fit into the I don't want to fool with. He's done a great job with the carbs and some other things on my '86 wing. He's located in Argyle (was Flower Mound, but needed more space). The Metric Garage web page

http://www.themetricgarage.com/

Thanks for pointing this guy out.... good shops are hard to find.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts