Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just traded my old GL1100 in for a 1993 GL1500 Interstate. It has the connections for an intercom and I would like to outfit my helmet and my wife's so we can talk to each other during rides and listen to the radio.

Any suggestions????

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

J & M headsets worked great for me on my 93 when I had it. No need to buy the high end ones, the $70 dollar sets worked just fine. Cycle Max carries them, as does Bike Bandit, and almost every vendor out there. Much cheaper online than at the dealer. Also, if you later upgrade to an 1800, they work fine on it too.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

J&M headsets are what the majority are using. Look at Chrome World or Sierra Electronics for the styles

Congrats on the upgrade!!:action:

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks Gene,

I saw the J & M sets. How easy are the to install in the helmet?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I installed them in my helmet and the wifes work great easy install too. make sure to cutout the speaker area though or it will not be comfortable. I used a soldering iron to melt the foam core are of our shell

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Besides the headset and the microphones for each helmet are there any other "extras" that I need?

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Your bike should be pre-wired, and the J&M headsets have the patch cords included. You should be good to go after you install. (I was). I cut the holes with a utility knife, and made 'em a bit small small - so the speakers and mic press fit into the rigid foam. Works good. :). . . . .

Except . . . . . the Wife sneezed once in North Carolina, and I almost jumped off the bike at 70mph. . . . . . . . . . . :action:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.