Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

My Brother-in-law has a ShurKamp. It seems to be very nice. Bigger than any other ones I have seen. I was suprised at the accomodations it provides. On the same lines as the Leesurelite posted above.

I'll stick with my motorhome.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,153 Posts
imported post

I like the way that Leisurelite works.

But the Fair Lady here is yelling at me, I want my travel trailer :( with the potty in it. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will send the info on to my friend.

He needs the trailer for when he works on forest fires as he has
to stay on the fires for 14 day stretches. He needs something of
good quality. He can't afford a mohome. A trailer with a queen size
bed and a table. The Timeout has these features.

Keep the suggestions coming. :clapper:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

I've wondered about building a rectangular box, about a foot deep..... putting it on a Harbor Freight frame.....and then semi-permanently mounting a Eureka Timberline on it......the box would be the exact size of theEureka's floor.......keep a Coleman airbed in it, which would be inflated from the bike........ have a waterproof cover over the whole thing, little trailer balancing legs on all four corners. Cheap and simple........

Pull into a camping area....put down the little stabilizer lets....unsnap the cover, raise the A frame ends, insert the ridge pole, pull the fly tight and fasten to hooks on the box..... run an inflator from the bike socket to the bed......fluff up your bedding which you had left on the deflated airbed..... and Voila! Camp is made!

Matter of minutes. Your tent never gets dirty from the cold hard ground....you could line the box with foam for warmth and comfort....your tent is always ready to pitch...you pull your folding lawn chair outa your tent, sit down in it while momma gets dinner ready! Yessir!

Will somebody hurry and build one so I can see what my invention looks like!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack, when you buy the Coleman Airbed, buy their inflator that runs on 12v cigarette lighter plug. Takes forever to air up an airbed with the bike compresser. Don't ask???

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,153 Posts
imported post

Yep CJ, he is right. I bought the cheapo Coleman unit from Walmart, aired up a Queen size air mattress in about 5 minutes.

Reverse it and it sucks that dude super flat, just right for a tight roll up. :waving:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Wichita Scorpion wrote:
Cousin Jack, when you buy the Coleman Airbed, buy their inflator that runs on 12v cigarette lighter plug. Takes forever to air up an airbed with the bike compresser. Don't ask???
Thanks, Wichita! Yup, we have a Coleman inflator..... figured it out just like you did! Don't ask!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Silverwinger wrote:

Man, I like that! Do you have one, Silver?

That would be about as simple as falling off a log....! Gonna get on it and explore that!

(edit)

Whew! Don't give them away, do they? But I think I can make one of those.... plywood box...... piano hinge (if we go with the triangular one)...... tent fabric........

I'm sitting on about 9 sheets of marine grade ply from a defunct boat project.....got me some expoxy and fibreglass, too! Then all I'd need is a 1500 to haul it!

Wonder if I could get it done by Montrose?

Get a grip on, CJ, you're goin' fast and lite, remember!

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

2slim wrote:
So what is the best pop-up tent trailer in the
"Time Out - The Big One" trailer class?

I know there are many opinions, but I want real
experience opinions if I can get them.

A friend is looking to buy one.

Thanks for your help.
We have a "Time-Out". Takes a little longer to put it up than the "Leesure-Lite" but is larger when folded out. 14' when open. It is especially good for longer stays as yousaid the case would be here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.