Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Wondering what US city has the best riding weather each year. Here's my definition of great riding weather: Temperature between 60 and 85; low humidity, lots of sunny days.

Anyone been someplace that has this kind of weather all year round? I understand that there will be rain sometimes, of course.Just dreaming ofa place for my wife and I to move someday in the future. Want to ride my GL1200 all year round. Would be nice if this city had a Baptist church that was looking for a pastor! :)

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
imported post

San Diego, CA. Not sure about the humidity, but the weather is usually great, from what I hear from a friend of mine who lives down there. Rides every day of the year.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

Phoenix is the place. I was out riding around doing Xmas shopping Wednesday evening with a lite jacket. Our highs arein the high 60's to low 70's right now. Lows about high 40's to low 50's. Very little rain annually.

That's why they call us the Valley of the sun.

Also, concerning the humidity... I'm sure you've heard them say, "It's a dry heat". Well, it is... and it is better. I've been to Ft. Wayne, INat July 4 and OMG, I'll take our 110 @ 0 humidity over the 85-90 @ 100% humidity.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

Well I have lived in Phoenix most all of my life and let me tell you the summers are very HOT to be riding around on a bike.I used to do it when I was in my 20s but not anymore. Now winters here are just beautiful and the riding is great but forget about summer. San Diego or most parts of Calif. is great riding weather. Vey expensive place to live though.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

No Honolulu has the best weather in the states, you just have to like riding in circles and girls in teenie tiny bathing suits!

:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

Craig.. come on... PHX June/July/Aug... get up early in the morning, head up north... Flagstaff, Payson, White Mtns... you're out of the heat in one hour.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

That is true,but you still have at least an hour of hot riding before you even get to a little cooler climate. The older I get the harder it is for me to deal with the heat. If I want to go to the mountains or Flag. in the summer I'll drive the Durango

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

lstarett wrote:
Wondering what US city has the best riding weather each year.  Here's my definition of great riding weather:  Temperature between 60 and 85; low humidity, lots of sunny days.

Anyone been someplace that has this kind of weather all year round?  I understand that there will be rain sometimes, of course.  Just dreaming of a place for my wife and I to move someday in the future.  Want to ride my GL1200 all year round.  Would be nice if this city had a Baptist church that was looking for a pastor!  :)
Come on guys, don't restrict it to USA - we in Oz can ride all year round unless there is a flood or something. Can get too hot in summer :coollep:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

:D

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

Well I have lived in Phx and agree the weather is probably good all year long, but to live in East Tennessee, I can ride from March to Mid-Novemberish depending on when the first real cold front decides to stick around. We do have plenty of rain days usually though.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Here is what it is like where I live. When I relocated coast to coast - weather was a PRIMARY driver in my decision. For the Pastor...there are LOTS of churches of all denominations in the area.

If you can afford it ,Grover Beach, Pismo Beach, Arroyo Grande are the best places around - before I was married I lived in Grover Beach and I'm looking forward to a day I may get back - although it is only about 15-20 minutes away.

Here on the "Central Coast" we have a microclimate unlike any other - it can be in the 100s 20 minutes south north or east and still be our Average Temps and dry - see charts below. Surfing Riding, off road 4 wheeling, car touring up the coast, collecting visits to the historic missions which line the coast from Mexico north past Monterey, Wine country (several of them) - things to do are endless. Lazy strolling down shops streets in the "Five Cities" Area or where I work in the College Town of San Luis Obispo. You can visit the mountains in their splendor - and snow in winter if you want and see the ocean on your everyday "commutes". When I moved it was to find my paradise on earth - and this is about as close as I can find. Economy sucks - but that is so everywhere. It is a high cost of living area - and that is partly why we live in Santa Maria now. Most people -once they come here and the bug bites them -will work two jobs to stay if they have to. Big retirement and vacation communities all along the area.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Well I know where it's not the best weather......Kansas! Brrrrr....:snowman::shakehead:

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
imported post

northern Florida...close to georgia for cool summer riding...great riding the rest of the year...I ride everyday....

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Does riding a Snow mobile for 4 - 5 month count :baffled::baffled: :action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Anywhere in Florida is not too bad. :action:

Sometimes you'll need to start with some heavier layers because of the cooler weather.

Then as it gets warmer and warmer until you can label it hot,

you just keep taking clothes off.

If it gets hot enough, you just get down to a pair of speedo's!!!:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
Anywhere in Florida is not too bad. :action:

Sometimes you'll need to start with some heavier layers because of the cooler weather.

Then as it gets warmer and warmer until you can label it hot,

you just keep taking clothes off.

If it gets hot enough, you just get down to a pair of speedo's!!!:cheeky1:
You're kidding right? I NEVER IN MY EVER LOVING LIFE EVER WANTED TO GO TO FLORIDA BECAUSE OF THE HEAT combined with the HUMIDITY. I took the opportunity to visit and ride the coast in October one year - Daytona south to Key West and then upo the Gulf Side through Panama City and on out to Alabama - that was the best time of year to check it out temperature wise - just gotta dodge those Gulf Storms - which I ended up riding in a few. Oh and the hurricanes are sweet too. Flattest land on the map - do not expect to see any hills or mountains F-L-A-T. So flat you can see those gulf storms coming from about 150 miles off - you know they're coming - it's just a matter of your speed and the storm's. Looks kinda like this:

Beautiful state in many other ways - Keys are great, art decco Miami is fun - stay out of the rest of it. Emerald Coast is a blast - appalachicola - visit boss's oyster house - mmmmmm. One thing I love about Florida is their bridges - mos have not suspension iron above the guardrail so the views of the water from a bridge are magnificent - ezpecially "7-Mile Bridge" in the Keys. But the weather? Yuck - Florida is a nice place to visit in like December - but I'm staying out otherwise :cheeky1:

Then again if your retiring and just hanging at the beach their water is beautiful blue...

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

creekwalker wrote:
sylvania ga was 80 and sunny today
Spent some time in Sylvania over the past years before I retired. Working on the refrigeration systems at the BI-LO stores, both the old one and the newer one beside WAL-MART.

Oops! wrong town, I have worked at the store in Sylvania but when I made the first comment I had Swainsboro in mind.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.