Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey guys,

Decided to replace the old rubber lines with SS steel or at least new rubber ones. Anyone know who would have the best price on those? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

I have not seen a SS set of lines for an 83 being sold . I went to a hydrualic shop in my area and had my set built . They had all the fittings and it took about an hour . Cost was just under $200 . That was about a year and half ago .

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
imported post

I had both front brake lines solidly clogged when I rebuilt my '83. I went locally to San Antonio Brake and they made new lines. They had all of the banjo fittings but one they ordered. They will make them out of any material suitable included stainless in colors tested to DOT standards. They transfered all of the line protection to the new lines. I would think there would be a similar commercial firm in all major metropolitan cities. It took about a week and wasn't very much. What I liked about it is that it was local and a firm with a proven commercial reputation. dj

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
imported post

I guess we were typing at the same time Mike. Darrell

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Is San Antonio Brake in San Antonio? Hey, just asking. I need a set made. I go to SA all the time....

I got a set from Paragon originally, and the RETAIL price was set at $119 per set of 3, and now they are nearly double that, now that they don't handle the set themselves. I hate being ripped off....

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Also, there was Classic Cycle Parts on ebay that used to carry the front brake hoses for the '83, think they were Goodrich brand, but they stopped carrying them for some reason.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
imported post

Sam, They have been around a long time. They are in the book and I believe they are on Avenue B. San Antonio Brake and Clutch. Avenue B is just West of Broadway and they are north of downtown four or five blocks, (Jones?). I don't remember the cross streets but mapquest should take care of it. dj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.