Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Magic Moderator
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me a better email provider than Gmail, I had heard that Google wants to read private emails looking for any type of information that they don't like or just be nosy.
I am looking into Proton mail, lycos, Zoho, Tutanota and GMX. I have a Yahoo account and I haven't read or heard anything about them being nosy. I know Startpage has email for $59.95 a year.
Most stuff will be transfered to Yahoo and everything else will go to the new account.
:)

·
Administrator
26,149 Posts
I tried GMX and didn't like it, don't like yahoo either both have too much other garbage to get past to get to the mail. I use Gmail for private emails, though nothing I get or send has anything in it I need to worry about someone seeing. I use outlook for other things to keep all the spam in 1 place.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
used to use Lycos, but they changed up and I quit using it, and they deleted my account.

I have Proton as the recipient email for all of my Bank emails,
Proton then forwards a notice to my yahoo email account.

I happen to like Yahoo, because they are the only one that I have seen that allows you to create Temporary, throw away, email addresses.

start getting spam from a throw away adrs, delete that address and go on.

·
Magic Moderator
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be keeping Yahoo, but I want to ditch Gmail. After I had heard about the censoring of emails that contain any information between individuals that want to discuss anything political Google feels they have the 'Right' to edit it.
I guess I'll pass on Lycos. I'm going to look into that feature in Yahoo. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've been using hover.com for email for a couple of decades now. We pay $60 per year for up to 5 email addresses. It can be accessed either via their webmail interface or using an email client such as Thunderbird.

·
Magic Moderator
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have to give Proton Mail the chance, as Gmail and Yahoo Mail are censoring newsletters for Infowars members. I know I subscribed but haven't seen one, it was suggested on the broadcast to use Proton Mail. One of the reporters uses Proton Mail for his emails. I don't need censorship of what I read, I can make my own decisions and I don't need big tech sticking their nose in and thinking for me. I'll use Gmail for orders anything political will go elsewhere.
:)

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
I don't subscribe to InfoWars, my Inbox is way too full now with the Tech Articles that I read.

My son is a Survival Paranoid Freak, he keeps sending me news articles to read...

one of them was that our paper money was going to evaporate, and that I had better be buying up Gold and Silver.... I did for a while, until I reached 15% of my savings, then I quit.
for a couple of months, I made out really well....

then about 3 weeks ago, Gold slipped down below where I bought it, so it is a "loss today" were I to sell it.
But, I bought the Gold and Silver bullion as a Hedge for my daughter to have when the Lord calls me away.
It is not spendable everyday, and she will hoard it for extreme Emergencies.

Too bad, that I did not follow a broker's admonishments back in 1964 to purchase a Whole Life Insurance policy.... it would have been paid in full 30 years ago for $1,000,000 at the sum of $26/month.

I have a Gmail account wish a very short username;
it is used to collect all of my different accounts into one place, and then it forwards all of it to Yahoo, where I can filter it into Folders....

that is hard to do with Gmail

·
Magic Moderator
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Proton Mail account is now set up and the newsletter can be sent there safely. By chance does your son view any items by Alex Jones? On InfoWars they did mention the coin shortage and now paper money being monkeyed with and the possibility of "FedCoins'. Nothing surprises me any more.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
I'm not sure about 'Alex Jones', I don't make an attempt to remember the stuff he sends to me.

today, it was an article on how 5g is going to kill our brains and kill our sperm cells.
bunch of clap trap, and I replied back to him about that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts