Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

I found the tire size on my Interstate:
rear= MU90 B16 M/C 78H
front= MR90-18 M/C 71H, Guess I'll have to find tires to fit.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
imported post

I had 640 miles on my GL1800 when the rear tire went bad. Dealer said that there was nothing in it but that the OEM tires were junk. He replaced it with a Dunlop Elite 3. Picked it up last night so have less than 100 miles on it. Don't notice any wobble. If it last more than 640 miles will be an improvement.... expensive though.... Honda doesn't offer any type of road hazard.... funny, because I could purchase one on a $35.00 tire from WalMart...

Gasseous

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
imported post

I had 640 miles on my GL1800 when the rear tire went bad. Dealer said that there was nothing in it but that the OEM tires were junk. He replaced it with a Dunlop Elite 3. Picked it up last night so have less than 100 miles on it. Don't notice any wobble. If it last more than 640 miles will be an improvement.... expensive though.... Honda doesn't offer any type of road hazard.... funny, because I could purchase one on a $35.00 tire from WalMart...

Gasseous

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

I HAVE A 1800 2009 GOLDWING AND 800 MILES I HAVE TAKEN IT BACK TO THE SHOP SIX TIMES FOR THE WHEEL WOBBEL THEY HAD TO BUY IT BACK I BOUGHT ANOTHER SAME THING THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THIS BUT I WILL TRY THE Metzler 880's INFACT I HAVE BOUGHT THEM AND WILL CHANGE THEM THIS WEEKEND
I DO HOPE THIS WILL FIX IT

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

[align=center]Hey billyquinn :waving: [shadow=red]You Are Very Welcome To The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum.[/shadow] :clapper:[/align]
[align=center]Bridgestone are the tyre for the Goldwing[/align]
[align=center]
[/align]

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Look for the Bridgestone "EXEDRA" tires for GL-1800's. I have found that not all Bridgestone tires are the same. The Bridgestone Exedra is the best tire I have found,of all brends I have tried over the years. Also eliminated the Dunlop 40 mph shake!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

And another vote for the Exadra 704 and 709. They are great tires, well made, deeper tread and just plain work well on the 1800. They hold the road in the wet too, none of that surfboarding stuff other tires like to do.

Kit

·
Administrator
25,341 Posts
imported post

I guess I'm the only one but I absolutely hated the brdgestone G704 & G709s I had on my 1800. They did absolutely nothing as well as the original dunlops, no traction, terrible noise, followed grooves in the pavement to the point of being dangerous and lasted almost exactly the same miles. I will curse them and recommend against them as long as I still can remember them and I kept them around as a reminder. I just thought the dunlops were bad until I tried the stones. I am very satisfied with the dunlop E3 I have on the front now and still giddy about my choice of rear tire.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
I guess I'm the only one but I absolutely hated the brdgestone G704 & G709s I had on my 1800. They did absolutely nothing as well as the original dunlops, no traction, terrible noise, followed grooves in the pavement to the point of being dangerous and lasted almost exactly the same miles. I will curse them and recommend against them as long as I still can remember them and I kept them around as a reminder. I just thought the dunlops were bad until I tried the stones. I am very satisfied with the dunlop E3 I have on the front now and still giddy about my choice of rear tire.
Yea.......:DBut you are one of those crazy riders that prefers square tires. Someone else around here prefers them too, not sure what his name is but he is half crazy too.
Square tires are cool, but you have to have a lot of friends because they will not go around corners. Try as I might I always seem to run into a corner and have to call someone with a trailer and get them to load the bike up and push it around the corner.
:waving:;):):shock: Kit

·
Administrator
25,341 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:
Yea.......:DBut you are one of those crazy riders that prefers square tires. Someone else around here prefers them too, not sure what his name is but he is half crazy too.
Square tires are cool, but you have to have a lot of friends because they will not go around corners. Try as I might I always seem to run into a corner and have to call someone with a trailer and get them to load the bike up and push it around the corner.
:waving:;):):shock: Kit
Yep, real problem.:cheeky1: Around here instead of a sign like my avatar the should have them that say something like " straight road ahead, try to stay awake" in those rare circumstances.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

[align=center]You cowboys who preach against Bridgestone just dont know any better :shock:[/align]

·
Administrator
25,341 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
[align=center]You cowboys who preach against Bidgestone just dont know any better :shock:[/align]
I will have to disagree, I've been there and done that and never again. I probably ride harder than most and the stones just won't do the job. And speaking of ride hard, that's another bad trait of the stones.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Redwing wrote:
[align=center]You cowboys who preach against Bridgestone just dont know any better :shock:[/align]
I will have to disagree, I've been there and done that and never again. I probably ride harder than most and the stones just won't do the job. And speaking of ride hard, that's another bad trait of the stones.
Kit Carson wrote: .......:DBut you are one of those crazy riders that prefers square tires.

[align=center]I agree with Kit Carson :clapper:[/align]

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
imported post

All things considered, the real reason tires on our Wingsdon't last is, there made to sell. No motorcycle tire manuafacturer wants a tire to last 35k to 45k miles. I would like to see run-flat tires on our Wings as OEM tires.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.