Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

The picture doesn't really tell a lot and the text is not English so its hard to say what make the amp is.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

That looks like a guitar amp. XXL make guitar amps, I don't think that one will do for a car or motorcycle! :baffled:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

gillbates wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for better sound for GL1800.
Die ideale erganzung :bat:zu den von uns hier angebotenen lautsprechern ! :weightlifter:Erst mit diesem verstarker entfalten :jumper:diese i hren vollen sound ! ! ! :gunhead:

My advice would be, :waving:that you should buy yourself a harley. :baffled: Why anyone would want to change the nice tone of the :18red:is way beyond my imagination. :crying: Joe Duggan thinks its your guitar you want to change the sound of. :cheeky1:

:18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Better sound? Different mufflers maybe???

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

hello ,this amp wll only give you a better sound if you have speakers to match ..you will need at least 100 watt speakers ,otherwise you will blow the stock speakers when you turn up the volume ,also it would need to be fairly waterproof/condensation proof otherwise you could end up damaging your radio..Ciaran

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Actually I was about to replace the front speakers also; I have already Sony xplod speakers at rear. The speakers are not enough, I need more power ! What I was looking here was that if anybody has any experience about this amplifier.Here is interesting story about for sound improvement for GL 1800:

/www.rattlebars.com/chetswing/audiofile.html

PS. I am not about to change the mufflers,if I need more sound from the pipes I'll change to HD.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

I've seen that article before, that guy really knows his stuff as far as sound goes. But I personally think the 50 watt setup is perfect for the Wing.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

I have also read this article B4. :jumper: I set the volume at 16 on my :18red:and its very clear. :waving:At my age with my hearing very poor I find the speakers OK. :clapper:. The only time I have difficulty hearing the radio is when I scrape the corners with the footpegs. :gunhead:

:waving: :18red: :18red: :waving:

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

The hearing is not a problem, but I like to get better quality for sound.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Jason wrote:
I've seen that article before, that guy really knows his stuff as far as sound goes. But I personally think the 50 watt setup is perfect for the Wing.
I dunno about that. You can't have too many amps, especially on a Bike where you lose lots of sound while riding in the wind.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

You should look at the sensitivity rating of the speakers before investing in new amplification. The sensitivity is quoted in dB and is normally around 88 to 93. A speaker rated at 91dB will need half the power of an 88dB speaker to achieve the same sound level (+/_3dB is equivalent to doubling / halving amplifier power output).

Go for more sensitive speakers and you won't need more amplification.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

underwing wrote:
You should look at the sensitivity rating of the speakers before investing in new amplification. The sensitivity is quoted in dB and is normally around 88 to 93. A speaker rated at 91dB will need half the power of an 88dB speaker to achieve the same sound level (+/_3dB is equivalent to doubling / halving amplifier power output).

Thats very interesting stuff friend, you seem to know your stuff. Can you suggest any make of speaker for the Goldwing that will give good results?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

weewillywing wrote:
Thats very interesting stuff friend, you seem to know your stuff. Can you suggest any make of speaker for the Goldwing that will give good results?

Sorry Willy, I can't help you there as my technical knowledge is based around domestic HiFi. I don't know much about specific bike or car HiFi manufacturers.

A good dealer should be able to supply good quality,sensitive speakers.You may need to know the impedance of the Goldwing amp, it'll be either 4 or 8 Ohms, but I've not been able to find it.Look at the back of one of the original speakers, it should be stamped on the magnet

Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.