Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Bought an 07 1800 in Feb/08 and finally got it home in April of 08. The first long trip made on it was a 600 km jaunt to attend a funeral. Left at 1am on May 1/08 and the temperature was 1C. However, with a snowmobile suit on, and the comfort package turned on the temperature was quite manageable until the heaters crapped out 120 km into the trip. After that my hands got cold enough to consider turning back. Stopped and a Tim Horton's to warm up and coffee up, and in a warmer frame of mind, decided to go on. The temperature did warm up to 5C but in Sudbury it started to rain. By this time it was shorter to go on than turn around. To make a long story short, I survived to attend the funeral (not my own thank god).
The trip back in the afternoon was excellent and made up for the misery of the previous night. Not needing the comfort package in the summer, the bike wasn't returned to the dealership for repair under warranty till Nov/08. They couldn't work on it at that time since deer hunting season was in full swing. My bike was stored at the dealership all winter while they did the repair. Picked it up a week ago, went for 5 km and the heaters crapped out again. Back to the dealer. They couldn't test drive it in the winter when they did the repair, but it did work in the shop.
Picked it up today, and they had replaced both grips, the seat and the heater control module, taken it for a 50 km test run and left the tank a lot fuller than when I dropped it off. Total cost. Zilch.
For those few of you who might live in this area, the dealer was
Pete's Sales & Service
Petawawa, On, Canada.
I figure they deserve a few kudos.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

glad you got it all worked out :action:

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

Things do go wrong and the good guys are the ones that see the problem through to the end. It also sounds like you dealt with them in a civil manner. That does a lot as well.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Pretty sad statement about our society that when a Customer is treated with respect and honesty that we feel it deserves special recognition. :(:(

Anyway yes good on them for doing the right thing and then taking extra steps. Very rare in these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.