Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm trying to locate a hitch mounted bicycle carrier to attach to the hitch on my 1986 1200A. (Assuming I can put a hitch on a 1200A). Anyone ever heard of such a thing. My other option is to get a trailer to secure the bike to. Thoughts?

Duban

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

The modern bicycle should weigh no more than an Ice chest and many people haul them on a hitch rack. It should work OK as long as you remember it is wider than the Motorcycle and does not block your tailights.

A Harbor Frieght trailer would work just fine and you would have the trailer for other uses as well.

Either way would work I think.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

A friend built one for his bike... The HB trailor might be best since it will multi-task:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

I recall seeing pictures of one and it was side mounted, not across the back.

Here's a picture but not the one I was thinking of.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

If you built a single rail trailer for the bike, that would look pretty neat. I always like something a little different.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

Here's another

Attachments

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

How's this, it's been all over eastern Canada & the US without any problems. :action::action::action:

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

That bike mounted sideways behind a motorcycle doesn't look too good to me. Looks like it would hit the ground if you had to make a sharp turn at speed.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thanks all. Some great ideas. A nice summer project.

Duban

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.