Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok guys time for another Big guy topic, I recently purchased at beautiful 1982 GL1100 Aspencade bike runs and rides perfect but here is the issue im 6'4 295 +/- and the ride position is horrible for me. My feet end up too far back with my toes almost dragging the ground (size 16ee boot) I have moved the seat back as far as possible (not much help) and I have a set of floor boards that i tried but again not much help. So I'm hoping that one of you guys will have a better idea than mine of just riding on the passenger seat and leaning forward (other than the leaning part it fits perfectly:dude:)

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Just curious but how was your 75 configured and was it comfortable for you? I have the opposite problem. I am only 5'5" on a good day!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sounds to me like the only good answer would be a custom solo seat and perhaps some handle bar risers or repositioning.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

On both the 75 and 78 I custom fabed some footpegs and modified the shifter and the rear brake lever after I stretched and chopped the frame I have some picture around here somewhere I think. I know the Bmws and the 1800 have footpeg drop downs does anybody make anything for the older bikes? And whisker thats a sharp wing brother!!!!

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
imported post

I would suggest that customise the footpegs, shift and rear brake levers. If you can find someone with some metal fabrications skills I could see extending the footpegs down and forward for your comfort. But you would also have to extend the shifter and rear brake to match. It is a job but not impossible.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

I have not seen any aftermarket stuff like you describe. The only guys I know that are running forward controls made their own from scratch. Actually the bike in my avatar has been fully dressed in the last few weeks. I am in the process of building my new street fighter from a 75 I picked up.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

In the last day or two there is a post somewhere where you can purchase forward controls. With long legs might just be the thing.

They do have some disadvantages, but if you ride in a sane manner and once used to them, they would allow you to put your feet up and stretch out your legs. I have had them on Harley bikes, but those do not have control rods low and in the way, and you do get tired of lifting your feet up in traffic if you ride a long way.

Other than that, might just work, it is on here somewhere in just the last day or so.

Kit

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I like the idea of the air shifter thats cool!!!

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Here is the shortcut for the forward controls http://www.jimscustoms.net/, good luck with them, they look like they might be comfortable for a tall person

Ritchie

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Im going to try a mock up of the forward controls tonight and see how they fit well see how I fit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.