Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ok guys, first the question; I have a 1998 1500SE Canadian model in very dark blue. (So dark it was advertised as black by the seller) Who can tell me what the colour is please?:baffled:

Now the free bit; I have come across my old Honda publication workshop manual for my old GL1000k2. and as I have no need for it, if someone can make good use, I would be happy to post it through. It is a bit like me, well worn but still ok, comes complete with my greasy paw prints on it, from when I used to play at mending them myself. I guess it might cost a few bob to send to US so I might want postage, but if it stays in the UK then buy me a beer when we cross paths.

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,221 Posts
imported post

Pete the colour code should be under your tank filler flap,is it two tone blue???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Ok guys, first the question; I have a 1998 1500SE Canadian model in very dark blue. (So dark it was advertised as black by the seller) Who can tell me what the colour is please?:baffled:

Now the free bit; I have come across my old Honda publication workshop manual for my old GL1000k2. and as I have no need for it, if someone can make good use, I would be happy to post it through. It is a bit like me, well worn but still ok, comes complete with my greasy paw prints on it, from when I used to play at mending them myself. I guess it might cost a few bob to send to US so I might want postage, but if it stays in the UK then buy me a beer when we cross paths.

Pete
I have a K2 and am in need of a manual... the one I have is for the K0 ('75) and is a little lacking. I'd be glad to send postage for it.

For the color of your 1500, sorry I don't have a clue.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Hi SHREK snr got the code, no problem, just thought I'd ask, in case some nice Canadian could save me chasing Mr Honda. For the record, she is one colour, just dark! Definately faster than the red one I used to have, but then again, that was a K2!!:goofygrin:pS; not playing golf? Ah, I notice it's raining!!

Ok AXELWIK, the manual is all yours, if you send me a PM with details, I will pop it in the post as soon as I get a moment. Worry about the postage later, main thing is it goes to a good home.:cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

AXELWIK, just looked at front of book and in tiny print at bottom left it says Honda Motor Co Ltd 1975. I fear this may be the same as you have already. Anything you can think of that would tell me for certain? No specific model numbers are mentioned in the book.

I can't recall how I came by it all those years ago, it may have been the only thing I could find at the time.

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
338 Posts
imported post

is it commorde blue? - the one i had one was a blue colour and it could like black in the wrong light :)RgdsPhil
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Thanks for that Phil, sounds very posh "Commodore blue", I'd like to think it was.

Was yours an import, only I don't seem to see too many dark blue ones and wondered if it was exclusive to Canada/ USA?

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
427 Posts
imported post

Sure it's not "commode" blue? :goofygrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
338 Posts
imported post

It was an US import not sure if the colour was US only or not - it was a two tone blue i know that much - in certain light when you looked at the top box you could see the ouline of POLICE where the paint had faded slightly.  It did have a recorded mileage of 26k on it but i have a feeling that was second time around LOL but the dealers reckon they had the full service histry when it came over here.  Swapped it for an 1800 in september last year best thing i ever did - loved the 15 bu the 18 is altogether a different bikergdsPhil
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
338 Posts
imported post

It was an US import not sure if the colour was US only or not - it was a two tone blue i know that much - in certain light when you looked at the top box you could see the ouline of POLICE where the paint had faded slightly.  It did have a recorded mileage of 26k on it but i have a feeling that was second time around LOL but the dealers reckon they had the full service histry when it came over here.  Swapped it for an 1800 in september last year best thing i ever did - loved the 15 bu the 18 is altogether a different bikergdsPhil
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Ah now there's an idea Keener, before long I might need one of those, but I like the Commodore colour better.

.Could be the same blue,Phil, but mine is definately a single blue, not 2 tone (unlike my two tone tonic suit from the 70's). So you are one of those wealthy guys who can rush to an 1800 eh? I think I'm going to give up changing models, as soon as I get the money together for the next up, Honda bring out a new model to aspire to. Will have to wait for my long lost aunt to pop off and hope she leaves me her fortune. :goofygrin:

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
AXELWIK, just looked at front of book and in tiny print at bottom left it says Honda Motor Co Ltd 1975. I fear this may be the same as you have already. Anything you can think of that would tell me for certain? No specific model numbers are mentioned in the book.

I can't recall how I came by it all those years ago, it may have been the only thing I could find at the time.

Pete
If it's '75 then I don't need it... thanks anyway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Axelwik Yes, it definately says 75 I 'm afraid, sorry about that mate.

Pete
 
G

·
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
For the record, she is one colour, just dark! Definately faster than the red one I used to have.
Hey Silverfox :gunhead: No way is she faster than a red :18red:

:walker::18red::walker:
 
G

·
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Ok AXELWIK, the manual is all yours, if you send me a PM with details, I will pop it in the post as soon as I get a moment. Worry about the postage later, main thing is it goes to a good home.:cool:
Good man Silverfox :clapper:thats what it's all about. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:
 
G

·
imported post

Phil wrote:
It was an US import not sure if the colour was US only or not - it was a two tone blue i know that much - Swapped it for an 1800 in september last year best thing i ever did - loved the 15 bu the 18 is altogether a different bikergdsPhil
Hey Phil :stumped: You swapped a :15red: for a :18red:gee your a lucky man.:stumped:

:doh: :18red: :doh:
 
G

·
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Could be the same blue,Phil, So you are one of those wealthy guys who can rush to an 1800 eh?
Hey Silverfox :weightlifter:But Phil didn't have to spend any money. :stumped: He stated that he swapped his :15red: for the :18red: :doh:

:doh::18red::doh:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
338 Posts
imported post

I didnt swap any money at the time but i am now monthly and no i cant afford it either but i was bitten - went on an Elite-Wings trip saw loads of 1800s and thought i want one cant afford it but then i had a really good week at work saw my baby on the net and thought bugger it! and i am now in hock for the next couple of years but she is worth every penny i can tell you - i still smile everytime i open the garage door (which is everyday cause i ride her all year round - apart from its snowing LOL)rgdsPhil
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

Fit her with snow tyres.
 
G

·
imported post

Phil wrote:
i still smile everytime i open the garage door (which is everyday cause i ride her all year round - apart from its snowing
Hey Phil :grinner: :grinner: :grinner: :grinner: Keep on smiling, it gets better all the time. :leprechaun: Hey whats wrong with riding in the snow. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top