Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

What do you guys do with your antennas when you put your bike covers on? I got a half cover from the PO of my 1800. I don't like the idea of bending over my antennas, but even doing that, this half cover does not go over them.
I'm thinking of purchasing a better cover, full, for protection in my garage from all the dust, as well as for use when traveling. Do they have holes for the antennas? I don't see that discussed in the advertisements for bike covers.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

On the 1500 the antenna folds over. You pull up on the knurled part, then it folds. Doesn't the 1800 do that?

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

The 1800 I saw does that?

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Well, now I have to run out to the garage right away and look. I did not know that they may have a knuckle.

·
Administrator
27,770 Posts
imported post

Pull up on the knurled piece on the antenna base and fold it forward.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

JerseyWinger wrote:
On the 1500 the antenna folds over. You pull up on the knurled part, then it folds. Doesn't the 1800 do that?
Yes, Jersey, they do. Thank you for that little tidbit. A seemingly obvious thing now that I know about it. :blushing:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Don't feel bad, the guy that my Dad bought his bike from was the second owner, and had owned it for 6 years. We went over to look at it, ride it, etc.....after we got through,I told him I would help put the cover back on. While he was unfolding the cover, I was laying down the antenna's. He asked me how the hell I did that:shock: I showed him, he said he had been taking the things off and would take them inside at night so he didn't have to leave them on the ground:cooldevil:. But like posted, you never know until ya ask!!!!:action:

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
imported post

You can adjust the direction they fold as well but that takes a wrench.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Ha Ha. That's a funny story. That could have been me. :)

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

The cover that came with my bike(I believe an original Hondaline piece) has 2 Velcro openings for the antennas, so it slips right on over them.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
imported post

If you just want a cover to use on day trips to keep the rain off the electronics and seat, check these out:

http://www.tourkingcovers.com/shop/category.asp?catid=2

Totally avoids the antennas, and you can still access the trunks. Just bought one a couple weeks ago for my trip to Washington, D.C. Works like a charm! Off and on in less than a minute. (My trike is garage kept, so I only need a dust cover at home.)

·
Premium Member
67,272 Posts
imported post

When I was looking for a 1500, one I looked out have a real nice padded cover.. The guy had cut holes in it for the Antennas.. I didn't have the heart to tell him they folded.....

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

FatherWilliam57 wrote:
If you just want a cover to use on day trips to keep the rain off the electronics and seat, check these out:

Totally avoids the antennas, and you can still access the trunks. Just bought one a couple weeks ago for my trip to Washington, D.C. Works like a charm! Off and on in less than a minute. (My trike is garage kept, so I only need a dust cover at home.)
I have one of those for Betty, use it every day at work :action:

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

And the great thing about the Tourking is that it rolls into a very small bundle. Great for touring rides.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

FatherWilliam57 wrote:

I like that one. Interesting and good for road trips. I might go full cover tho for the garage dust. That's probably where I'd use it the most.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

I have a friend who just bought an '88 1500. Nice bike. I was looking at it yesterday and told him that the antenna should fold forward. I messed with it a bit but couldn't get it to budge. Does anyone out there know if it should, and if so, tell me how to do it. I lifted and tugged on the knurled portion of the antenna and it didn't move like on my 1800. Can anyone out there help??

DeDub :18white:

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Does it work the same way as the 1800? I just lift up slightlyon the knurled bit and itfolds right over.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.