Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the picture of the bike after I sold my st 1300, I've owned 4 goldwing including this one 3 1500 and 1 1800. My first one was a 96 1500 pearl green owned it for 3 years, was putting gas in it and a man walked up to me and said I want to buy your bike, not for sale I say and he said everything is for sale price it, we talked back and forth and I priced it within a 1000 dollars of a new bike, moral of this story don't price it unless you want to sell it. bought a 1988 after I sold it kept it 5 years and sold it and bought a pearl blue 2001 gold wing. I kept the 01 until 2008 and that is when the st 1300 came along, they are a fun bike to ride but I was over riding my skills so I sold it in August of 2012. I bought this bike a few weeks after the st found a new home, bike only has 20000 miles on it, I had new tires and progressive springs added rides very nice. Haven't gotten to ride it much due to weather and taking wife to the doctors, but so far have enjoyed riding put almost a 1000 miles on it since I bought it. Thanks Wayne

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Thats a pretty Bike Wayne. I wish I had your luck in buying and selling wings!

Your not to far from some of us on here. We're going to have to get together someday next summer for a ride. We were in W Va a couple of months ago camping up in Holly springs state Park in Hacker valley....... Really nice roads out that way, very pretty state, I would enjoy riding there again.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Beautiful bike and congrats....Im new to the GL1500 , my 97 is no where near that nice...dont seem to be too many nice early models around here, most are rode hard put up wet....good luck....

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
ditto on the bike selling and buying skills

Nice ride ya got there

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Wow, that sure is a nice one, almost no mileage, hope you fix that....:)

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Isn't it great finding a new to you ride that's not even broken in yet!! Like the black on red paint job.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the nice compliments on the bike, give a little history on it, I got it from the orginal owner he let it set for a year, said he worked all the time and couldn't ride it and wanted it to go to a good home, any way mice build a nest on the air cleaner and around the carbs. He took it to the shop and got every thing taken care of and the bike ran good, soon as I seen it I told him I would take it, this was before the nest was taken care of, he priced it to me with the work done and I couldn't let it pass me by. There was some simple little things that needed fixed mute button was stuck in and the cruise wouldn't engage a little lub. took care off all this. He let me have his helments with intercom system same color as the bike, a little small for me but I can get my hog head in them good sounding head set, I like the flip up helments don't know that I would use them much or not. He threw in a nice bike cover with it also, and enough oil, filter to change the oil. I re gap the plugs I think he placed them in how they came out of the box, bike wouldn't start unless used the choke after it set over night, after gap plugs it started this morning when it was in the 30's without the choke, took it for a spin this after noon ran like a different bike. I feel blessed to run across this bike and he was wanting to sell to build a barn. I told my wife that this would most likely be my last bike she made some kind of noise and said yea until some one wants to buy it, told her some one already asked me to sell it to them, she couldn't believe I didn't price it, LOL don't know what she meant. Wayne

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Gorgeous GL! NICE JOB!!!

Craig

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.