Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an 84 Aspencade 1200 it is hard to start in the mornings when cold 5, 10, 15, even 30 minutes to get it started. After it starts and warms up no problem.

The other morning I went to start it took 8 minutes and it was runing and warming up. Then the head light went out, the bike started running rough and the lights were flashing (pretty cool light show) the engine coughed and it shut down. Now nothing works.:shock: Any ideas?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi corney when you say nothing works is it you have no power to the ignation re bad battery ect

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Have not checked the battery yet am going to do that in the morning. somethiing about chaseing wires in the dark that just dosent work for me, no shop to work in. At this time no lights come on and the dash dose not light up. I pushed the start button just for fun and nothing happened.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

Hello.. here is some basic things to do.
check battery, recharge it if possible.
check the main fuse. it usually overheats and starts acting weird. if it looks melted or overheated, must be changed for an inline fuse holder.
if with the battery fully charged you still dont get any light to come on. jump the fuse holder and connect it directly to the battery if you get neutral light and everything. disconnect and install a new fuse holder.
left side of the battery, three yellow wires come out from the rear of the engine, check the connector. if its melted cut it and weld the wires.

keep us up to date :)

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

William 86 has covered it for you if you have been having a bad conection prob this could cause you to have a bad spark at the plugs witch would result in bad starting

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It works:cool::cool::cool: I braved the dark and the cold and the water that was sitting in the cover(it is for my vulcan). Voltage at the battery 12.6 on both sides of the fuse (gee what a thin piece of metal) 12.6 There is a black wire coming off the round thing and cannon plug on top. I unplugged the cannon plug took readings and turned key on and put the cannon plug back and I had lights and it starts. Must have been a loose connection?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.