Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Nassir Eight types..... Red and I are still trying to figure out how to attend. Red will be working, and will have limited time; and it doesn't appear that anybody from West of the Mississippi is planning on riding across..... I'd hate to ride 3500 miles all by my lonesome...and back... Both Red and I might consider flying in, and renting a bike. Anybody know of a good rental shop?

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Try eaglerider.com or google motorcycle rentals near Edgefield. You might find a Harley easier than anything else to rent, but you'll have a bike to ride. I rented a Harley in Cody Wy a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Hey, Nassir Eight types..... Red and I are still trying to figure out how to attend. Red will be working, and will have limited time; and it doesn't appear that anybody from West of the Mississippi is planning on riding across..... I'd hate to ride 3500 miles all by my lonesome...and back... Both Red and I might consider flying in, and renting a bike. Anybody know of a good rental shop?
Did you mean the river or the state?.
I wasn't sure since so many people get the spelling confused for them.
:grin3:
Actually I think there may be a good few riding in from the west. Wild Rhinos are mostly from OK and KS.
AR. is to the west, and so is MO.
Granted most are pretty near the middle of the country though.
SO depending if you meant river or state, there may be a few to the west of it. :ROFL::ROFL::raspberry:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you mean the river or the state?.
I wasn't sure since so many people get the spelling confused for them.
:grin3:
Actually I think there may be a good few riding in from the west. Wild Rhinos are mostly from OK and KS.
AR. is to the west, and so is MO.
Granted most are pretty near the middle of the country though.
SO depending if you meant river or state, there may be a few to the west of it. :ROFL::ROFL::raspberry:
Yeah, I forgot about the Rhinos..... and AZ1800 has graciously offered the use of his Yellow Bird while there! But it's probably a pipe dream, anyway. Our current trip is kicking our butt financially, and when we get home we'll probably be able to do nothing but hunker down and watch our credit cards smoke and cool down...for a couple of years! We like to travel far and wide, but we have a Top Ramen budget! I just hate missing NASSIR...

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Make it to Nassir!
I'm sure you can find a bike by then.

I have the same type budget so I know what you mean. LOL
I carry allot of food with me from home often because I get it for about 1/2 the price and sometimes even less than I'd pay on the road for same stuff as I stock up on sales and discounts, and when I just eat at camp or a fast stop when riding it really saves the money on long trips! Course it's a pain at times to lose one side bag because it's full of re-fried beans, treat, hash, beef stew, etc... etc....
Still though I eat much better and FAR cheaper than if I stopped at a MD for a MC Crappy sandwich!

As for a bike, I am trading off a couple of mine for land right now, but hey I have not bought one this year yet, so maybe I'll buy one in the area about NASSIR time? LOL

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
CJ, I might can arrange a bike for you and Red. It may depend on my current inventory at the time of the rally. If not, if you fly into Atlanta, there are a few places to rent from, as mentioned earlier in thread. There are also a few places near Greenville, SC that rent them as well.

I'm sure we can make something work.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CJ, I might can arrange a bike for you and Red. It may depend on my current inventory at the time of the rally. If not, if you fly into Atlanta, there are a few places to rent from, as mentioned earlier in thread. There are also a few places near Greenville, SC that rent them as well.

I'm sure we can make something work.
Good to hear, thank you, sir....
However, Norway kicked our financial butt...we'll have to wait until we get home and open up the credit card statements to see if they smoke.... too early to say we're coming for sure, but we're a'thinking about it!

(If you have a '47 Indian in inventory, that might make us think harder!) :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Good to hear, thank you, sir....
However, Norway kicked our financial butt...we'll have to wait until we get home and open up the credit card statements to see if they smoke.... too early to say we're coming for sure, but we're a'thinking about it!

(If you have a '47 Indian in inventory, that might make us think harder!) :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
I got one! But sorry, you can not have my 47 Indian, that squaw is MINE and I don't share!
Ooooh, don't tell my wife about her!
I won't tell RED you were looking for one either!
OK! :ROFL:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.