·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

That's a great thing to have and for once it's not crazy money. $29.95 for a gadget that's does what many much more costlytrip computers do.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

well, so much for the... I started at 6 am... it is now 4 pm, and the tripometer says 510 miles... let me see... higher math would say an average speed of?????

and if one gold wing rider left saint louis at 65 mph and another left KC at 55 mph... when would they meet?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

If you are interested in drive time, average speed or such the bike speedometer keeps track of that and allows automatically for stops. They have the advantage of being self powered and can be calibrated to work on a wide range of wheel size.

So rmatt007, if you stopped for lunch, a couple pee breaks, and fueled up at least once what was the average speed for the time you were actually riding? I wish I'd sifted my bike speedo from my bike to the Wing before I took my last week long trip. It would have been handy to use for total miles run since I reset my trip odometer when I refuel. The Cyclometer I have shows the highest speed attained which might be fun to know. I will move the thing to my bike this week and see how I like it. The calibration is quite accurate, you roll the bike forward ten wheel revolutions (counting from when the valve stem is at the bottom) divide by ten the distance covered and plug it into the speedometer in centimeters. The things are accurate since they actually are calibrated to the actual effective tire diameter including the amount the tire loses in the flat spot where it contacts the road. Since the front wheel doesn't skid (we sure hope) it's pretty much onfor distance. The accuracy of the speed readings of course depends on how accurate the clock is and that you can check against a calibrated time source. Anyway it will be fun to stick on the bike, at least it's small and black and will blend in nicely.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

actually, I must admit I enjoy all the info our toyota van gives.. especially the avg milage... which is always better when I drive compared to my wife lol

sounds like a fun do-dad

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

JDuggan wrote:
That's a great thing to have and for once it's not crazy money. $29.95 for a gadget that's does what many much more costlytrip computers do.

Super value for money. :waving:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.