Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bike took a nose dive

1K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  peterbilt 
#1 ·
#3 ·
imported post

I had an earthquake last year. Funny thing is that ten seconds before it happened. I was on the computer being stupid while my cat was on the bed behind me. She suddenly jumped up and ran down the hallway to the kitchen.

I said " Cooter, what the hell?" Five seconds later the house shook. Made an audible creeking popping sound.

Then it was over.

Me and Cooter went back to what we were doing. The back door don't work. Neither does the front. Actually none of them do. And winter's coming on. A Country and Western song for sure.

Strange.

My last ex wife is spending the night with me tomorrow. We'll play music for at least two hours.Then Coffee. Wine.

I feel like I should probably clean up a little.

Attachments

#7 ·
imported post

TominDallas wrote:
My last ex wife is spending the night with me tomorrow. We'll play music for at least two hours.Then Coffee. Wine. KY Jelly.

I feel like I should probably clean up a little.
:shock::shock:

HEY!!! I WAS GOING TO EAT ON THAT COUNTER........... Guess your gonna beat me to it....:D:D

#8 ·
imported post

You got off lightly Tom. A friend of mine had his Harley on a table and it fell off and landed on the tiled floor. There was a lot of damage to the fairing, trunk, saddlebag and other stuff on the left side of the bike. The final repair bill was just shy of $3000!

#10 ·
imported post

With the help of a beloved friend an neighbor we salvaged the mess. Nothing more than a small gas tank ding.

We cleaned up and put the bike back on it's feet.

I'm working on the fuel system this evening. I love the simplicity of an Amal carb.

Attachments

#16 ·
imported post

Ok, I give up. What brand is it and how many cc's as a single thumper? Sears used to sell one that made by Allstate with 1 larger piston and 1 smaller piston. Timed like a HD.

It belonged to a motorcycle mechanic friend of mine that helped me get my first Goldwing running.

#17 ·
imported post

Its a BSA and it is a twin.

The sears allstate you are talking about was built by PUCH in austria and was known as a TWINGLE using two pistons to act as one.One for intake and the second for exhuast.
I have had the recent plessure of helping a friend revieve one his father purchased new in 63.

#18 ·
imported post

I rode a friend's Sears/Puch Twingle back in the early singles once. Kinda weird but it worked. Interesting two stroke the two pistons were staggered a few degrees but had a common cylinder head/combustion chamber.

http://home.sprynet.com/~inniss/sears.htm

#19 ·
imported post

maybe put a bike lift in the place of the table, and secure it

when i had the wing up on the stand it almost fell off thankfully my dad and i ratchet down the front end, and the rear tire

came close but the hold downs did their jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.