Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking for a trailer to put two small dog kennels on and possibly small tent/ sleeping bags to carry my Aussie's. Anyone that can help I am in ID. Thanks.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Wags pet trailers.

http://www.wagstrailers.com/

Either that or a sidecar.

You can also go with a custom trailer or one of the Harbor Freight trailers.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Would there be any Laws that would prevent a home made trailer to be used for pets?? I don't know, Just asking.

I know people can't ride in trailers (except 5th wheels) while going down the road and I have seen people pulled over while hauling cows in a home made type trailer. I don't know thats why they got pulled over, but always wondered......

I'll have to ask my son...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

repoman_1951 wrote:
I am looking for a trailer to put two small dog kennels on and possibly small tent/ sleeping bags to carry my Aussie's. Anyone that can help I am in ID. Thanks.
> Might consider using the trailer to carry your baggage, then using the Side-trunks on the bike to carry your small dogs.

> I carry a small (12lb) scotty on my 1500's side trunk... I got a used one for cheap from the junkyard, then cut a 4" dia hole in it for the dog to stick it's head out, facing forward... Works great! Air temperature inside is a constant +10F over ambient, as tested with electronic temperature log. No problem due to engine exhaust either... and to top it off, your passenger can reach down and pet the dog (and give treats to it) while riding.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I use this one for my 12 lb Shih Tzu but you will have different problems with multiple heavier dogs.

If you trailer them, you can always make an exhaust duct to pass the fumes to the back of the trailer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

I would be afraid of my dog getting all of those exhaust fumes, other than that it looks like a good idea !

Steve-O

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Seems to be a lot of wind around a motorcycle.... don't think the exhaust would be a problem.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Rudy
Great set up for the Taz.
Here is how I had my CB750 setup for Cody, 35,000 miles this way.
Las Vegas NV, April 1982

Attachments

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

A shot getting on the road again, Gold Hill, Boulder CO, May 1980

Attachments

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

Rudy,Alex and Stu: You guys made my day! Seeing and hearing about how you have been able to accommodate your best friends on the bikes was very heartwarming. I've got 2 dogs that would love to ride with me as well!:applause:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

I even put 2 of my friend's dogs, at different times, w/o Cody. Most love it being out in the air and they all lean naturally.
You cold find a pair of saddle bags like Rudy did, one on each side.
I saw another trailer set up on a post somewhere with a hole in the lid for the dog to poke its head up through. Did you try a search?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

http://roaddogtrailers.com/

They have some doggy trailers to offer, or atleast some ideas to modify another trailer to your needs

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Thanks for ALL the replies. There are many ways it seems to do what I want to and starting to experiment and look for old parts to start. My dogs will definitely appreciate all the kind thoughts on keeping them with us and able to gto as well. All Have A Happy New Year.;
Rick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.