Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm about 3 1/2 hours from Daytona Beach, I ride an old Goldwing...I'm a curious person by nature...I don't have any tatoos...and I don't wear a do-rag.. I've been thinking about making the trip to Daytona in February...Since I'm not a "Harley Guy", will it be worth my while?? Please keep in mind, I don't need much of an excuse to take a trip...any lodging and entertainment recommendations would be greatly appreciated...as well as anyone that would like to join me.

Best regards,

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

was down there a couple years ago . get used to watching your engine tach. very very noisey at stop lites. but still had a good time . yeah there are more than a few bike bunnys to eye ball too. or for a warm up stop at wings for a buger and beer . just east of the interstate .

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

chesterwgunn wrote:
Oh yeah, I left out one thing.. I do enjoy "naked or nearly naked women"...
:baffled:Who doesn't???? :baffled:

I haven't been myself. I've heard it's the loony bin all week long. I would like to go and see for myself.

If you've never been, while in the area try to take the tour at the Space Center. It's well worth the money.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
chesterwgunn wrote:

I haven't been myself. I've heard it's the loony bin all week long. I would like to go and see for myself.

If you've never been, while in the area try to take the tour at the Space Center. It's well worth the money.
Well....why don't we get some of our troops together and have a "Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum" representation at this event???

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
chesterwgunn wrote:

If I remember correctly, didn't the "Village People" have a Harley rider??? I"m not sure that he would appreciate those of the opposite sex??

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

i try to make the 8 + hour trip down to laughlin in the spring for the samereason:) and Ilike to check out also what the vendors have for sale and listen to the tunes. You normally can test ride other makes of motorcycles at these large events. The down side is usually the traffic, loud pipes, expensive lodging and a few idiots. Go for it . if you dont you usually wish you had. Ive put more miles on a harley in my earlier years than probablymost harley riders out there today. It doesnt make any differance to me what ya ride but odds are you will see quite a few harleys and other bikes on trailers LOL. If i lived closer id ride along. Take your earplugs.JB

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

chester, i usually take several days off for bikeweek. i'm only 45 minutes away.i'd be happy to be your guide around the area.
bike week is a good chance to see motorcycles you've only read about. Demo ride bikes you've been interested in. and meet some really cool(and really freaky) people.

Robin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
imported post

Bike week is 90% harley stuff...it is fun to go and hang out...lots of vendors, crazy bikes and people..you can test ride most major brands at the speedway....worth the trip...fun to ride in a long ride of all types of bikes...

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

"for a warm up stop at wings for a buger and beer" The beer sounds awsome but I can do without the Bugers. LMAO:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

Chester if I could get my boss to let me go, I'd be right there with you.:littleangel:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

Knucklebucket wrote:
"for a warm up stop at wings for a buger and beer" The beer sounds awsome but I can do without the Bugers. LMAO:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
:grinner::grinner:i can only make a beer go so far ;);)

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Its not for me.Parking a problem..Stand in line for dinner...stand in line for bathroom..now where did i park my wing...Oh look at all those harleys....We have to figure a way out so we can find our hotel room...no its not for me...

·
Premium Member
63,058 Posts
imported post

Where are all the freaky people ?????????????

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
imported post

Parking for bikes is no problem just about anywhere..there are only 5000 restaurants in daytona...not all have lines...it is a fun experience and worth the trip....I never drink and get back to the ranch before it gets too late.....great vendors and you can demo every bike every major manufacturer makes...yes..lots of freaky people and bikes....

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I'm with you Redeye,,,,,,,,,,,, I don't like crouds. I'm sure it's a cool experience, but I feel I can spend my money in a more enjoyable way. Like riding out west.

My niece's husband goes to Daytonaevey year. He trailers 8-12 bikes for a sum and that helps pay for his trip. He is always asking me to go. I almost went for it, then decided to see the Rockies. I've seen Florida before,,, but I wanna see a LOT more of the west. But I guess thats just me.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.