Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

New thread for Daytona Bike Week 2012:

Update on my trip...The rider that I was supposed to come down with ended up backing out, so I'll just have to 'wing it' on my own... LOL!!
If any of you happen to see me down there, give a shout on channel one! :watching:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
imported post

The food area by the tents that are located on the left side of the main entrance to the speedway maybe? To meet on Main Street will be a disaster due to the amount of people there....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Kimswang wrote:
The food area by the tents that are located on the left side of the main entrance to the speedway maybe? To meet on Main Street will be a disaster due to the amount of people there....
I know there are a few fast foodplaces on the North side that are far enough to not be overcrowded... (Somewhere near highway 40). We might want to do the loop also, which is a short scenic ride? Hopefully we can get several of us together?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
imported post

Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
Kimswang wrote:
The food area by the tents that are located on the left side of the main entrance to the speedway maybe? To meet on Main Street will be a disaster due to the amount of people there....
I know there are a few fast foodplaces on the North side that are far enough to not be overcrowded... (Somewhere near highway 40). We might want to do the loop also, which is a short scenic ride? Hopefully we can get several of us together?
The loop is a good idea. It's a very nice ride....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Kimswang wrote:
Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
Kimswang wrote:
The food area by the tents that are located on the left side of the main entrance to the speedway maybe? To meet on Main Street will be a disaster due to the amount of people there....
I know there are a few fast foodplaces on the North side that are far enough to not be overcrowded... (Somewhere near highway 40). We might want to do the loop also, which is a short scenic ride? Hopefully we can get several of us together?
The loop is a good idea. It's a very nice ride....
Short and sweet... (really doesn't look like a lot of interest so far though)?:sadguy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
imported post

Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
Kimswang wrote:
The loop is a good idea. It's a very nice ride....
Short and sweet... (really doesn't look like a lot of interest so far though)?:sadguy:
Fear not my friend.Bikeweek is the biggest event on this planet and people will show up. We just have to set in stone a time and a place. I really like the loop idea and hope I will be able to do it together with a bunch from here. The first week end (when I'm going) is lacking some custom bike shows but all the vendors and plenty of people are there then. Just set a date, when you know for sure you'll be here, and people will show up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I'm hoping that someone knows of a place where I was talking about and replys here... Sorry I will miss you, but maybe next trip!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Kimswang wrote:
Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
Kimswang wrote:
The loop is a good idea. It's a very nice ride....
Short and sweet... (really doesn't look like a lot of interest so far though)?:sadguy:
Fear not my friend.Bikeweek is the biggest event on this planet and people will show up. We just have to set in stone a time and a place. I really like the loop idea and hope I will be able to do it together with a bunch from here. The first week end (when I'm going) is lacking some custom bike shows but all the vendors and plenty of people are there then. Just set a date, when you know for sure you'll be here, and people will show up.
Hope to see some of youduring the event...:badgrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9 Posts
imported post

Hi guys, I'm coming to Orlando Tuesday 13th and coming to Daytona Thursday 15th. If you're around it would be nice to ride the loop.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

soccerted wrote:
Hi guys, I'm coming to Orlando Tuesday 13th and coming to Daytona Thursday 15th. If you're around it would be nice to ride the loop.
I've been trying to predict the best of the two weekends for bikeweek for a month or so now, and the forecast seems to change from day to day.. LOL!! I've got an open ended schedule for the next couple of weeks, but right now it's looking like I'll be there this coming Friday evening! Good luck on the second weekend... ;-))
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,106 Posts
imported post

one of these days i'll accompany you down there its a thing i want to do someday lol dont know when but someday might have to sneak out and just tell the wife im going ot a work conference for a week lol might have better results
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
one of these days i'll accompany you down there its a thing i want to do someday lol dont know when but someday might have to sneak out and just tell the wife im going ot a work conference for a week lol might have better results
I just tell mine that I'm visiting my kids, (that happen to live in FL... ;-))
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Southbound this morning!! Hopefully the weather in Daytona will be at least partly sunny, leaving in about an hour, with rain chasing me out of Tennessee... ;-))
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
imported post

You will have rain for a while, but Daytona forecast 82+ and clear skies this week end. It will be worth it when you get down there. Just take your time and be safe ! I flew a few of the bikebuilders in there yesterday....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
110 Posts
imported post

I am leaving NY on Saturday expecting to get to Florida early on Monday.. going to Daytona Wed or Thurs. for the day. Everyone have a safe trip heading south...........
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40 Posts
imported post

Hi, Anyone know if the Goldwing club is at the new Smyrna airport ? Heading over saturday to fair grounds swap meet then to sunshine mall. Thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
imported post

Shamus, how is the trip going? I just flew in and out of MEM, and have to admit the weather was kind of on the edge for motorcycle driving. Hopefully you avoided the worst of the cells and are staying safe...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
imported post

I just flew down from New York this morning. It's only spread showers as soon as you make Florida. I'm heading over right now....
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top