Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Afterclocking up 1000 miles on my 'wing I bit the bullet and asked her that must be obeyed if she fancied a ride on the back. Afterbuying her all the gear we set off for a gentle ride and bearing in mind that she has not been on the back of a bike since the days we were courting (35 years ago) she was great and she loved it. Now about that new 1800,,,,,,`

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey cbhon :waving: Well done to "She who must be obeyed" :clapper:My neighbour is still trying to convince the wee woman who hangs around his place :jumper:to get on the :18red:but she still refuses. :whip:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I was shocked when the woman who hangs around here expressed an interest in the Goldwing and now actually wants to go for rides. Can't figure that woman out, she likes to fly in light aircraft, enjoys riding on the back of motorcycles (which I don't have the guts for) but is scared silly if the wind pipes up a little bit when we take our little sailboat out. She understands that the boat won't turn turtle, convinced her that the ballast will prevent that, but if the damn thing leans more than a little bit it's panic city. It's kinda hard to find a place to sail downwind all the time. But I appreciate her enjoying the bike, it makes it easier to justify those expenditures.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

HI CBHON,wish i had some of your luck,been trying for about 20 years but still no luck,think i will give up now as time has run out,her who must be obeyed prefers to go on holidays & out &about by Coach as i can not afford one of these i still ride solo,:)bikerfred

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

I had the same issue. She was totally intimidated by the size of the 83 Aspencade. Bought her a Helix to ride along side. She liked it so much that it was OK to get the new 1800.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

Well, I've had the worst and best of both worlds. My ex-wife wouldn't let ME ride one (or buy one I should say). My current girlfriend, though, surprised me when I brought it home, not having warned her at all. Not only does she want to ride with me, she's already gone through three weekends of learning to ride it herself. That's saying a great deal, considering she's nearly six feet, but thin as a rail. I was surprised that she could handle its weight, and she even did extrememly well when it "got away from her" and sent her up a grassy embankment.

That's my girl! I love ya, Laura. :)

Jack

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

While I am really pleased that my other half has taken to motorcycling again like a duck to water, I hope she never wants to sit in the driving seat. I have been ina vehicle as a passenger with her driving and it is the best cure for constipation Ihave ever known.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

I can't even walk through the shopping mall with what's her name that she doesn't walk me into benches, or poles, or something cathes her eye and she does a right turn right into me. She is much better suited to the back of the bike where all are safe, including me! But she is one heck of a navagator walking me through the turn pikes and setting up my lanes when there are 8 to choose from and gets me going in the right general direction as I navigate through traffic and idiots that are all around me. I'm a country boy and don't have much fun trying to navigate through the big cities.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

My gal likes to go for a spin on once in awhile but the whole time were out all I hear is "slow down, slow down". Or"hey, there's a Cracker Barrel".

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey pistolero :waving:Welcome to the forum buddy. :clapper:Hope you enjoy the banter. :jumper:

:walker::18red::walker:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
She is much better suited to the back of the bike. But she is one heck of a navagator walking me through the turn pikes and setting up my lanes when there are 8 to choose from and gets me going in the right general direction.
Hey Kyle :waving: So whats her name is better than a GPS. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Swambo is THE reason we traded our Kawasaki Vulcan for an ST1300 which we just traded for a 2005 Yellow Gold Wing. She saw the seat. She sat on the seat. We test rode. We bought. She loves to ride behind me.

Yellow Gold - is that redundant?

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Hey Redwing.

I got my wife to ride on the back of my wing. We went around the block at 20 mph 6 times. My ultimate goal is for her to ride with me to Mission Bay in San Diego and around Fiesta Island. Aprox total distant.8 miles. Wow, I just dream of that.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey beastie1943 :waving: Welcome to the forum and we all hope you enjoy the banter that goes on here.. :clapper: Thats a nice :18yellow:we hope you and your "SHE" enjoy many safe miles. :jumper:Red :18red:is the fastest colour. :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

La Reina is the reason I bought a Wing and the driving force behind my figuring out the intercom. Now the only problem is, how can I hide the console from her? She is constantly commenting on my speed and my fuel level.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Redwing said
Hey Kyle :waving: So whats her name is better than a GPS.
Absolutely, she also comes with a WLS (We're Lost Setting) that has turned into many an adventure. Also has aWIS (woman Intuition setting) which has probably saved our butt on occasion. WPS (woman prerogative setting) which has mysteriously made wise decisions for us. Plus she's warm and cuddly on those cool nights sleeping in a tent. The only fall back with this system is the PMS setting!!!!:gunhead:

Kyle

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
Redwing said
Hey Kyle :waving: So whats her name is better than a GPS.
Absolutely, The only fall back with this system is the PMS setting!!!!:gunhead:

Everything has it's drawback. :crying:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.