Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Here is an e-mail I have received from a neighbour who kindly helped us out.

He is asking for any one to help a colleague of the vmax club who needs

assistance in getting a trike. By visiting the Rally and putting in a quid you can help:

I spoke to John about the Middle England Rally yesterday and our(vmaxchat and vmaxclub)efforts to raise money for one of our members who is now disabled.If I can give you a brief history about Mick.He was knocked off his bike a couple of year ago on the M25 by a german tourist and,as well his shoulder injuries,it looks like he wont be getting any compensation.After slightly recovering he went back to work with the mentally disabled and was attacked by a patient the result of which was another more seriious injury to the same shoulder.Since then he has had a major op to replace his shattered upper arm bone and shoulder bone with metal.Phisio has had no possitive effect and it looked like he could never ride again until we decided to turn his bike into a trike.Our joint clubs and many kind dealers are doing our best raise monies to pay for the rebuild,but it still looks like there will be a shortfall.As Mick is now out of work,he is short of funds and cannot really have any input apart from his own skills to help the build. I am therefore coming to you cap in hand to ask if your fellow members of the Goldwing owners club can help in any way in supporting a fellow biker.Believe me any small amount would be much appreciated.About the Rally..It is being held at the Gate Hangs Well,23rd/24th may and as well as the pub,there is camping,bands a fantastic raffle, food and drink,all at a cheap price.You and your friends are welcome to come and see us on the Saturday,perhaps a rideout,and perhaps chuck a £1 in the bucket,as I say anything will help.I know things are hard for us all at this time and I will not be offended if nothing comes of this email,but if you could put this forward to your members I'd appreciate it.Many thanks,and I'm just round the corner if you want my expert butchery skills again.Regards,Bob(Dodger)

The address of the rally is leicester LE7 1NH,its a lovely pub run by a biker,in really nice surroundings.Take a run down one Sunday for lunch at the side of the river.It would be good if you could email my previous email with a heading to H.O.CLUB,to see if they could help out in any way.Sorry if I sound pushy but needs must I suppose.Thanks for your time,and tell John,I'm just round the corner if he needs help.Regards,Bob(Dodger).

If you can make it - thats a bonus, here's hoping

Lynne and John

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
imported post

Hi Lynne and John, well I`m up for the ride down , even if its just for the day, if it helps this guy get his trike then it will be worth it , see you there,

Art.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Will have a word with Helen the Viking to see if there is any way we could make the ride for this one, although with everything else we are involved in at the moment, it may be a struggle, so if not, I would be happy to chuck a £1 or two in the pot, even though it is a long way to throw it!!!:shock::cheeky1:

I look forward to seeing more details about it all.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
imported post

:)ill try and make it,,,ill keep my eye on this ,,and have made a note of the dates,,,,or if i cant,,,,tell me where the pot is:waving:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.