·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
imported post

(Since the crash, Lane's public persona has suffered.)

Booo friggen hooo, (kill a biker go directly to jail)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Drive drunk go directly to jail!

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,655 Posts
imported post

A co-worker of mine lost his brother just this past Saturday. His brother was in a car and got T-boned by a Ford Excursion running 85 mph through the middle of the Red Light cycle. He died instantly as the excursion totally crushed the small compact car.

The driver? Illegal alien, no insurance, stolen truck, previous conviction for DUI hit and run, jumped out of Excursion and ran on foot. A helo kept him in sight.

The whole episode was filmed by a LEO following back as far as he could and still keep the stolen truck in site. The helo showed up just as the collision occurred.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

What can you say?:(Nothing.:X:X:X:X:X:whip::whip::whip:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Ain't alcohol abuse fun, kids...... another three or four lives lost or ruined......

Twenty years sober, me, and life has never been so sweet.......

But for luck and God's Grace, I would have been many times in the same situation Billy is now.........

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I think most of us have had our fill of the superstars that think they can get away with anything just because of their notoriety.

If it had been one of us that did what Billy did, there would have been a front page article months ago and then maybe a back page sentencing article and life would have moved on already.

I know I learned my lesson years ago on my DUI. I was 21 at the time and invincible, that was until I hit a car. Luckily no one was injured and I paid the consequences and learned my life lesson. Had it been me that hit someone and killed them that night, I would have been another sad storyline that was forgotten about. By the grace of God, it didn't take that for me to wise up and fly right.

Sad story all the way around, especially if somehow he gets a light sentence!

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
imported post

I haven't had a drink since March 15 2008 and my life has change for the better. I use to be one of those guys driving drunk almost daily since the age of sixteen i am now thirty nine. My god took care of me through those years because I never hurt anyone or myself. Today I can do anything I want with out drinking and I love it. I prey for people who can't drink normal and prey they will seek help as I have. Many people die from dwi or they get hurt. I know am back on two wheels sober and loving life. CJ if your ever in new york and want to ride through the Adirondacks let me know I have room here at the house for both of you. I would love to ride with you your living my dream riding all over sober . God Bless Everyone this is an awesome site. Happy Winging

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

Off topic for a sec... I went in with pancreatitis a few years ago. Doc asked when my last drink was, my reply was a few years ago. Doc looked at me and told me to tell him another lie! I kindly told him to go screw himself and to get me another doctor.

Even after you quit drinking, the affects stay with you a while! Good thing is, they told me I could never drink again, great thing is I had quit a few years before I had too! Life is great these days for sure because I don't have to.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Good article Dan , I thought with all of Billy's money and connections he was going to get off.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
imported post

I can recall how I got each little scar on my body, and they are all alcohol related. Quit over 15 yrs ago. Oh yea, quit cigarettes the same day. I don't miss the hangovers and coughing one bit.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

He is lucky I am not a judge. If I was, you kill someone while drunk, it would be murder 1, and be tried with the death penelty as a option. While they are waiting for sentence to be carried out, they would be required to assist in body removal at DUI murder scenes, they are not accidents, they are crime scenes.

I have no sympathy for anyone who pours booze down their hole and then goes out and drives and then kills someone.

Line them up against the wall and give them a .308 150gr lead injection to cure their sickness

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

i think anyone that uses a motor vehicle in reckless way, drinking, cell phone, texting , speeding or whateverand mames or kills someone should have to face the consequences. Certainly not sticking up for Billy but when the South Dakota congressman blew threw the stop sign and killed the biker and got off that didnt send a message of justice for all either. My mother was killed by a drunk driver when I was 6 years old. JB

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
imported post

The problem is that the law-makers and polititians(same thing) in this country are what they are(in-part) because of the booze industry, CAMPAIGN DOLLARS!! lotta money we are talkin' bout here, and money talks. Not to mention the fact that many of them like the stuff too. Do you think any "Politition" wants to spearhead a SERIOUS anti-booze campaign? political suicide,and you should see how many of these polititians have MULTIPLE DUI'S!!! we just never hear about it. They are no different than us,quite often worse,they worry about thier nest-egg just like the joe-shmucks, they just want us to think they are noble. I personally like getting looped now and then, I'm doing right now(I'm on vacation), but it's happening at home.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

Billy was awaiting another drunk driving offense when he killed that poor man on his scooter. As far as I'm concerned Billy should have gotten 90 years.:X

2 drunks in a pickup truck crossed the yellow line on the mountain last year and killed a 65 year old man on a motorcycle. The guy was on vacation with his brother ( who was also on a motorcycle ) and on their way to yellowstone when the drunk killed him and his brother seen the whole thing in his mirror.

If you can't wait to get home to have a few drinks or call a cab then go get help because you got problems !!!

JT

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

No winners here folks.

His gastanks sucked, but that hubless back wheel he invented was something though. (yes he did invent it)

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

Oh we was the man when it came to building bikes! Shame to see it happen, but he still killed a a guy. I know he has to live with that, but nothing says he shouldn't have to deal with bubba for years to help remind him!!!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
Oh we was the man when it came to building bikes! Shame to see it happen, but he still killed a a guy. I know he has to live with that, but nothing says he shouldn't have to deal with bubba for years to help remind him!!!
I remember watching the Biker Build Off between Billy Lane and Indian Larry. Indian Larry could have won by default but instead he choose to help Billy out. The bike billy built didn't run, Larry fixed it for him. Larry won the contest anyway and what did he do, he split the trophy with Billy. Now Larry was one classy bike builder. ( and if he had a helmet on when he did that stunt in the parking lot, he'd still be with us today )

JT

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

Very true, was that the time Billy's gas tank leaked or when it just wouldn't run right because of the carbs??

Can't remember, but yea Larry was a very class act for sure. Hated to see him trying the ride every time without the helmet for sure. He is definitely missed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.