Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I serviced the head bearing and retightened it, so I thought I'd go check and see if the tension was correct....before going to the trouble of putting the big 'ol fairing back on. I am amazed!! I sure can see why people feel in love with the early Goldwings. An increadible ride. Makes me think about puttin' a headlight on and forgetting the fairing.

It's still great with the fairing, but an amazing ride without!!! Naked!
.....and it now goes straight hands free at 30mph!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,183 Posts
imported post

I had a fully dressed KZ1100 back in the days, and when I used to take off the fairing, bags and trunk, it lightened up the bike to the point it felt like riding a totally different bike.

One reason I am putting together a Standard to ride, it it a different feel for sure.

Raymond
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,938 Posts
imported post

Stripped mine down (just windshield) and Saddlebags and it runs like a "Striped Butt Naked Ape", i love it!:goofygrin:

Even the Harley guys like it!:baffled:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,350 Posts
imported post

I just put on my Windjamer faring so I can ride this winter in comfort but I really miss riding naked. It is a whole different world!! I love the wind in my face (I know the German Shepherds do also):dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,938 Posts
imported post

My other/next bike might be a naked valkyrie with 5' peterbuilt stacks for exhaust!

Have seen a couple, looks great!:cooler:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,350 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
My other/next bike might be a naked valkyrie with 5' peterbuilt stacks for exhaust!

Have seen a couple, looks great!:cooler:
This sounds like a great nedneck winner to me!! :coollep: :coollep: :coollep: :coollep:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
imported post

I use a slipstreamer windshield when I want some protection, but it's easily removed for naked riding. Not quite the protection of a full Vetter fairing, but not bad.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,938 Posts
imported post

stretrod48 wrote:
wingdawg101 wrote:
My other/next bike might be a naked valkyrie with 5' peterbuilt stacks for exhaust!

Have seen a couple, looks great!:cooler:
This sounds like a great nedneck winner to me!! :coollep: :coollep: :coollep: :coollep:
"Nednecks" must be a new subculture of "Rednecks"?!:goofygrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,350 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
stretrod48 wrote:
wingdawg101 wrote:
My other/next bike might be a naked valkyrie with 5' peterbuilt stacks for exhaust!

Have seen a couple, looks great!:cooler:
This sounds like a great nedneck winner to me!! :coollep: :coollep: :coollep: :coollep:
"Nednecks" must be a new subculture of "Rednecks"?!:goofygrin:
These are very common in Norht Carolina!! :grinner: :grinner:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top