Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 A
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
there is one bike you might consider in your downsizing move.
the Piaggio MP3 500cc model, I have the 250cc version and they are quite the trick for us "elderly folks".
Push a button, and it locks the front suspension and it just stands there until you are ready to go again.

Long term parking, it has a Center Stand, as the suspension lock is Hydraulic and over a couple to three weeks, it will bleed down.

Rode mine today for 3 hours locally with friends.
Thanks; I'll check the Piaggio out.

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 A
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well, back home after 2,875 miles, including 570 today, the most I've done in one day for some time; and also the last time I will. We have heavy weather coming later today, and I wanted to be home with my wife to deal with it. Started at 9am this morning in Grand Island, Nebraska and got home north of the Twin Cities at 9pm, with generous breaks because of the relentless strong and gusty Southern winds. Damn they are tiring, especially straight from the side. When I switched from eastbound to northbound at Des Moines, it became easier with mostly tailwinds. But now I'm all amped up due to too much coffee along the way and also no small amount of satisfaction at being able to pull it off without problems. A few A-holes tried to take me out, but I anticipated and dodged them. My GL1200 Aspencade used maybe an ounce of oil for the whole trip, never missed a spark, and averaged about 34 mpg during a trip that averaged a good 70 mph, with many stretches at 75 mph. The person who buys this Wing will get a good one!

As previously stated by another: Whether it's on two wheels or more, the Black Canyon of the Gunnison River in Colorado is worth the effort to see it! Peace out!(y)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts