Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Pontin’s Booking are now open – at last!:dance:

April 5th 2009.....Apologies again for the long delay, but we can now confirm that Pontin’s booking system is now capable of accepting bookings for the 2009 Blackpool Light Parade Weekend.

There might still be wrinkles, like trying to charge you the wrong supplements (which happened last year), but the figures on this website’s Accommodation Page are accurate, so don’t take no for an answer!

At the moment, the deadline for the cheaper prices is still the end of May but we will be asking for an extension because the start of bookings has been delayed for so long.

Despite the odd rumour to the contrary, the BLP 2009 will be going ahead under the auspices of the newly formed Federation of UK Goldwing Clubs and organised by the same team who've staged the event successfully for the past few years.

So, pack your cossies, buckets and spades and be prepared to have a great time as usual!:banana::toast::3sum:.

See http://www.goldwings.org.ukfor the latest news.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Not that I willl be going ,but it might be an idea to put the dates in the thread as to when it is on ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Sorry, Chaps, but you're absolutely right, so....

2009 GoldWing Light Parade Overview

The 2009 GoldWing Blackpool Light Parade will take place on Saturday 5th September as part of a full weekend (4th – 7th September) of friendship and entertainment to which all Wingers and their friends are invited. If you own or are interested in GoldWings, this is THE GoldWing Event of the year!

Once again it will be a full, three-night weekend – well worth taking a day off work for!

Accommodation (half board, with terrific food) is available at specially discounted prices at Pontin’s Holiday Centre, Blackpool, where the Event is based — and where we will also enjoy our own high-quality private facilities and entertainment programme.

Well Organized Parade

• Details to be announced
  • Mega Party afterwards!

Promenade display of GoldWings

• Saturday Afternoon Display of Massed GoldWings on the Promenade
  • Honda Dealers’ Stands – GoldWings and Accessories for sale
  • BikeSafe/IAM Exhibition and Advanced Riding Assessments*
  • MAG, BMF, NADB representation

Fabulous Programme

• Entertainment included, on all three nights
  • Top Comedian and Disco on Friday
  • Big name Tribute band for the Saturday Mega Party
  • Blue Coat Music & Dance Show on Sunday
  • A full weekend social/riding programme including:
    • Technical Training Talks
    • Ladies' Programme
    • Rideouts

The Accommodation page can be found athttp://www.goldwings.org.uk/accommodation.php

(apologies if the link doesn't work, I'm not that good with computers! :D

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

All booked and ready for another great event, iflast year is anything to go by.

Look forward to seeing others there. :action:

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Hope to be booking up next week when I get the time off booked.

We went last year and had a great time hopefully see a few faces I know this year.

:action: :action:

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

Tom Tom wrote:

We went last year and had a great time hopefully see a few faces I know this year.

Sod booking the time off, just getPontins booked, worry about work afterwards :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Crezz wrote:
Tom Tom wrote:

Sod booking the time off, just getPontins booked, worry about work afterwards :cheeky1:
Its “She who must be obeyed” that needs to book the time off, I could always come myself (if I want to sing soprano).

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

:action::action: All booked up, ready to ride:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts

·
Banned
85 Posts
imported post

I may be up in Manchester around that time, oops Canceled that stinks.

It's hard to have fun anymore.:( Well may take a drive to Blackpool anyway.

Last time I went I had to walk around all the passed-out people on the walkways.:dude:

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

If its anything like last year (my first) it should still be a good weekend.
It was good the way the road was closed but hay you cant have everthing in life, it would be so boring!:action:

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

Tom Tom wrote:
If its anything like last year (my first) it should still be a good weekend.
It was good the way the road was closed but hay you cant have everthing in life, it would be so boring!:action:
Same for us being our first time as well and we loved it to bits, but will it be the same :(

The other question is can we still use our lights, sirens etc if it is technically not an official event :?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

I will be using my lights may not be flashing them (or the lights) don't have a siren but the music will be loud.:D :D

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

If you read what is said, in reality, nothing much will change. There will still be lots of wings with lights, just there won't be someone standing there formally organising it, it will appear to just sort of happen.

Hope Mr Plod isn't at the end of the prom writing tickets for all those bikes with illegal lights

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.