Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 96 1500se, The clutch was working fine when I parked itfor the winter,I gotit out for for a ride today and the clutch engages when the lever is just barely let out.

I checked the fluid level and it was above the low level line but I did fill it to the full line.Could it have gotten air in system setting over the winter?I did ride it about 6 miles to see if it would improve but it did not seem to. It shifted ok I just noticed it when I took off. I did change the oil before I parked it ( used HONDA oil)

Thanks

Jeff

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I will try this, do you not have to pull in the clutch lever when you do this?

Does my problem sound like it could be air?

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

Not sure I understand your problem... Did you mean to type'clutch engages when the lever is just barely let out'? Because that sounds like what it's supposed to do.

Or do you mean the clutch won't engage until you pull the lever all the way in and you find yourself pumping the lever to get pressure?

If you have air in the line, you'll be experiencing the later, and yes it could be possible that air got in the lines from sitting over winter. Old hydraulic rubber lines deteriorate and some people have swapped them with stainless. I'd clean your slave cylinder, reservoir and bleed the system thoroughly if I were you, before doing that though.

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
imported post

No need to touch the lever. Simply open the resevoir and top it up as you go with new fluid. Don't let it get empty before you top it up. or you'll draw more air into the system. If you use a clear tubing then you can see the air bubbles pass. When they stop you're done. lock ythe nipple, cose up the resevoir and go riding.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

i will be trying this tommorow as my mighty vac got ruined by gas and my clutch needs flushing.
water contaminated due to the rubber diaphram all distorted.
Like a mighty vac you crack the bleeder pump the spray nozzle until all air is out making sure to monitor your master so the fluid doesnt all drain and allow air.
Ditto to the above statement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.