Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I drained all the fluid out of the clutch and no I cant seem to get it bled again or go down from the top reservoir. Has anyone had this problem or has anyone any advice please.

Thanks

Pauric

·
Administrator
25,371 Posts
If the fluid was really dirty it's possible the return hole in the master cylinder got clogged preventing fluid from going down. There may or may not be a small metal cover in the bottom of the MC, under it is a very small hole, if it is clogged it will cause problems. In the future do not drain the fluid completely before adding new fluid.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yep, check that screen. When I rebuilt my break system, rebuilt master cylinder, braded lines, new caliper seals, I used a miti vac to suck out the air in the system. I use this when flushing the clutch and breaks also. You are not the first to do this and will not be the last. Just keep and eye on that fluid level when doing any service!

·
Registered
50 Posts
If the mighty vac doesn't work you could try pushing the fluid from the bleed port to the master cylinder. I used a large syringe on mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts