Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
I cut the wires to the trailer plug and isolated them. The wife doesn't ride anymore so I don't need the trailer. The only thing now is when I want to use the four ways I have to push the switch and turn the blinker on to make them work.
This would make perfect sense if the hazard flasher or 10 amp accessory fuse has blown. Flip flop the fashers to troubleshoot and check all fuses concentrating on the accessory fuse.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This would make perfect sense if the hazard flasher or 10 amp accessory fuse has blown. Flip flop the fashers to troubleshoot and check all fuses concentrating on the accessory fuse.
That did it! accessory fuse was blown.

Thank's

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Sometimes its nice to know what happens "behind the scenes".

Reference post # 6, regarding output power from the Hazard switch to the "left and right" turn signal wires.

When you activate the Hazard switch, that sends power to the left and right turn signal wires.

But in this case, your Hazard switch had no power from the Hazard relay (due to the blown fuse). Your 4-ways did not work.....!

When you activate the turn signal switch, power from the turn signal relay goes through the turn signal switch to the left OR right turn signal wire. Actually in this case to both left and right turn signal wires (because you have the Hazard switch activated).

Yep, your Hazard lights worked....!!

However, Redwing52 already knew this.....!:wink2:

He is a GREAT diagnostician..........!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thank's again for the help! I think I lost a marble or two threw the years, I should have been able to figure this out by myself but now when I try to think about these kind of things all I get is a headache.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts