Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yesterday I had a new Honda line CB radio installed at the dealership. When I turn on the CB I get a blinking dash message saying CB Error. Took it back to the dealership and they took a new CB radio from stock and wired it through the trikes wiring harness and got the same message. Any of you with a honda CB had the same problem? If so, what was causing it?

Thanks.

BTW, the dealership gave me this to ride, but it not a wing.

·
Honda Guru
2,018 Posts
imported post

There's two connectors under the seat that the plug from the CB can plug into. One has 2 wires... one has 3 wires. The dealer could have plugged it into the wrong one.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks, they installed a headlight modulator at the same time. I ha hoping that something is mis-connected. I will pass on you're comments to them.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Unfortunately, they told me my amp was bad. Known them for a very long time and they took an amp out of a new wing and put it in for me. Expensive, yes, but I got to go on my trip to Arkansas with my friends.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Comanche wrote:
Unfortunately, they told me my amp was bad. Known them for a very long time and they took an amp out of a new wing and put it in for me. Expensive, yes, but I got to go on my trip to Arkansas with my friends.
But did that fix the problem? Also I love that loaner bike!! Remember those from my teen years.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yeah, throwing money at a bike usually fixes most things.

CB and all audio work like a champ. I get nearly three mile transmission distance on the CB. Most get less than 1/2 mile.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Yeah, throwing money at a bike usually fixes most things.

CB and all audio work like a champ. I get nearly three mile transmission distance on the CB. Most get less than 1/2 mile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.