Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

tanygaer just installed a Wordpress Blog add-on to the site and we are tweaking it at the moment. It should be ready in a few days. It doesn't currently integrate with the members database like the Photo Galleryso anyone wanting to contribute to it will need to PM me for access. I've no idea if this will be a useful addition to the site but it didn't cost anything to have so that can't be a bad deal.

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

It works well, is fully customisable, amd will be a great asset to this site.

Quodos to Steve for expanding this unrivaled resource even further...

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

would someone like to explain to us ignorant sorts what this is, that is "coming soon"? I have no idea what a Wordpress blog add on is. :(:shock:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Well, I poked my nose in there and I'm not sure what it brings us, either. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I'm not into blog stuff myself, most of the people I know who blog are a lot younger than me and probably know how to get the most out of it. But it will be there for anyone who wants it and like I said it didn't cost us anything.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

So what is a "blog" :baffled:

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

A Blog is a longthread without a title/subject... i.e. what most threads turn into after a few days..:cheeky1:

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Bloggers use blogs like a diary or story book. Like the games area, it will only appeal to some people but will be nice to have anyway. I don't know of any other wing site that does this so it's unknown territory for all of us.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

If you go to the main forum page and hit the [Recent] button, this IS a blog.

A database version of a blog rather than a text version but a BLOG none the less.

Don't know what we will use two BLOGs for other than to confuse ourselves. :baffled:

See? I'm confused already. :cheeky1:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
imported post

I played with the new fangled blog and the impression I came away from it was....

"and what's so different from the way we use this forum already????"

I'm over the hill I suppose, only read 3 blogs in my life. So know it is time to go back "to school" :action:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Think for now I'll just stick with forum, I see my kids in places that say Blog, My Space, Facebook, who knows what else. Ah, what the heck, guess I'll have to try it, can't be that bad if it's on this forum.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I have to say it's not something I'd be using myself, but just like the Skype thing and the Photo Gallery and Games it's there for anyone who does want it. For a free application it is well worth having available to you even if it doesn't get used much.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I don't know much about the technical definition, it certainly started as 'weblog'.

What it is most often used for, at least as it appears to me, is an individual who wants somewhere to air his views.

Should work well around here!

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
imported post

:?iam worried ill get lost in the blog:stumped: i dont like change,,, never have never will,,, i like my old blanket;)

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

Wordpress is IMO the best and most customizable blog software out there. Has a ton of features and lots of widgets and downloadable addons.

Yeah, well, that's the extent of my knowledge. Guess some of us will be learning about this at the same time.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

WingedNut wrote:
Has a ton of features and lots of widgets and downloadable addons.
Ah!! now I am getting it.... a blog is like a cross between a frothybeer and a Goldwing then. :)Widgets for the beer and add ons for the Wing!! Fantastic news then!!:cool::cool::shock:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.