Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will get pics up soon. But here goes, did a complete check over the bike. This what I have found so far as to what it needs, 1. free up stuck motor. 2. wireing needs to be gone through and fixed, 3. starter to be fixed and rebuilt, 4. turnsignal cancel needs replace or fixed keeps trying to cancel turnsignal after it already has. 5. remove a stereo amp and capasitor. 6. carbs are leaking gas, need to pull off and redo. 7. oil change and filter. 8. rebuild front forks. 9. once running good do carb sync. 10. replace floor boards with foot pegs if I can find some. :)

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok got the motor freed up and the oil and filter changed. fixed some of the wireing. rebuilt the starter and had to fix the ringgear by epoxying it back into the housing because the little tip that holds in place was broken out of it. also drilled the housing and ringgear with 1/8' drill bit only half way through the ringgear and used a short steel pop rivet. Works good now. Got it running today runs rough and gas leaking out of the carbs.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Glad to hear it is finally running, it sounds like it is in good hands now.:applause: Keep us posted :)

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
As bad as pictures are to upload and view now in this new forum format, you realize you still have to do it.......

Or......

It just didn't happen.........

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got some pics, but not very good will try again tomorrow. I pulled the carbs today and boy what a mess, screws and springs missing, hole in float, float where the little bar slides through broken and gummed up but not to bad. Glad I had an extra set of junk carbs to steal all the parts I needed from. Also removed the amp and capasitor and all the wiring, the bike should have burnt up the way those wires were run.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Also removed the amp and capasitor and all the wiring, the bike should have burnt up the way those wires were run.

:applause: Great job you are doing, :wtf: totally agree with that wire rats nest, what a mess.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I got the carbs rebuilt and put back on and started the bike it ran good so I sync the carbs, my first time doing it myself, thanks for teaching me brian. it purrs like a kitten and revs up good. Also made sure the clutch worked and the gears. I still need a few parts to make it whole again, but in due time I will find what I need. Here are some pics of it running.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Glad to hear it has been going well. I've been following this thread since the very first by the po.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didn't get anything done on it today had other stuff to do, may have some foot pegs coming for it. And a starter too. trying to find some info on the aircompressor thats on the bike or should I say hanging on the bike. Not sure just where it goes and what wires hook up to it, I did test it and it works fine. I need sparkplug caps for the plugs mine are broken.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Get new NGK spark plug caps and new 7mm plug wire to replace them with. @ $30 total. Bought mine at a local mom and pop shop. They have the listings for cap numbers. You will neeed 6' wire, cut to 18" pieces.

Don't waste your money on used on these.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got a little more work done on bloodwing, got the radio working but not very much volume, need wiring diagram for it for the radio and aircompressor setup. Also got all the lights working on it again. brakes seem to work just fine but checked them out anyways.Tires in excellent shape. Checked the charging system, charging at 13.7 to 13.9 already has the 3 wire fix. Put in a new battery. I am going to have to replace the seat it is dry rotted and coming apart, or buy a new cover for it. but not sure what seat is on there has tag that says travelcade, looks like king&queen seat with backrest that slides into the seat.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Man, I hope this couple of months worth of work, works for you. Me, to get the job done right, was a 10 year labor of love, the beautiful machine I started with, and the finished product, ended up as the product of about 50 ex-beautiful machines. good luck Man.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Travelcade is an aftermarket seat company.

Check the date code on the tires, 4 numbers in a box after the tire vin code. 1st 2 are the week number 01-52, 2nd 2 numbers are year of manufacturing. Older than 5 years and the rubber is too hard and you are playing Russian Roulette every time the tire spins. Local short test rides are OK if no sidewall cracks but, be very careful. The tires for these are not rated high enough weight wise for these wings..

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok will check on the tires for date code to be safe. My oldest son keeps talking of buying bloodwing from me when I am finshed with it. He went with me to pick it up and so forth, but what he doesn't know is that I will give it to him when I am done with the rebuild. the only other person who knows is my wife and you great folks here on the forum that have been helping me.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well no it isn't allthough he has helped me on a couple things on the bike, doesn't suspect a thing. He has helped me through the pass couple of yrs, me with my bad back getting my wood for me and doing other things I cannot do anymore without help, so this is a small pay back that I can offer him.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok Bloddwing is now finished and on its way to its new home with my oldest son. Here are a couple pics. for some reason I cannot get the pics to upload.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.