Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
78 gl1000 blowing smoke out of left exaust after a muffler conversion.馃槵what did I do?

Administrator
Does it quit smoking after a while? If you park it on the side stand you can expect some smoke for a while after you start it.

Reactions: Barney T Weasel

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah its ben sitting on side stand for bout a week馃 . Ill take it for a ride wen I get home an see wat happens.i started it an shut it off wen the smoke didn't stop right away

Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
Hard to say what might've been inside the mufflers you put on, oil or something... Just ride it and give whatever it is a chance to burn out.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My radiator's fan isn't engaging but my thermostat is working any ideas?

Registered
By "thermostat" do you mean the temperature switch that is for the fan? The actual thermostat has nothing to do with the fans as they are set to come on long after the thermostat is fully open.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I jiggled the connectors to the fan and an it started working again so ima just roll with it till it stops completely. Im not a mechanic and I learned the hard way if it ant broke don't fix it lol

Administrator
Yes I jiggled the connectors to the fan and an it started working again so ima just roll with it till it stops completely. Im not a mechanic and I learned the hard way if it ant broke don't fix it lol
Then fix the bad connection.

Reactions: Bike...and Dennis

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Links to throttle replacement videos?? None I can find on YouTube

1 - 9 of 9 Posts