Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 GL1800. Fired up to go to work & my left speaker sounded like crap, broken up & very intermittent. Now I remember from my youth (yep A long time ago) that this indicates a blown speaker. I just gave myself a heart attack by looking up the OEM price! Does HONDA make them from gold! THEY WANT $227. They are out of they're FREAKING minds! Needless to say I'm not paying that outrageous price!

I therefore need to know where I can get an aftermarket replacement. Help!

·
killer driller
781 Posts
You can go to a marina they carry the water resistant speakers and can probabl match the size you'll need

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
You can definitely buy good quality aftermarket marine speakers for a lot less. Many good quality speakers now are all polly and use tinned wire and top fittings that can handle the elements.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
try J&M motorcycle audio, the make the headset for honda and have replacement and up grade speakers. www.jmcorp.com

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
Along the same lines -- the Polk db651 works well as a front speaker replacement in the '06 and newer Goldwings. Starting around $70USD/pair they are much less painful and a "Marine Certiefied" speaker as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.