Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firts happy New year :merrysanta:

With the new year every year I start planning the comming out of the bike for end of march.

Ok get to the request... On the left handle bar there is a radio / CB control button for TUNE-MUTE / TALK and the black seems to be worn from the inside and the blue is showing through, The trouble is I what to replace the little light with LED and i am afraid the blue will show more.

Is there a way to cover this up or should I get the plates replace ??

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Howdy Norm
Happy New year to you too bro.

Do you mean the black around the lighted lettering is wearing off on the CB/radio control box?

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yess Stu

I will go to the bike at a freinds house to take pictures... but yess the black is fading off and blue is showing in the middle so in the night i see blue strips verticaly so if I put LED it whont be purty lol

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
That might be a decal. My 99 has grey in the area of the lighted letters. I don't know if there is a decal available for that or not like the radio decal is available.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Any way to get some modeling paint and the tiny brush to black out the area you don't want showing? Paint from the inside of course, and remove all the flaking paint first.

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
I would try what Sam said before anything else. No way those parts should cost $30 each! About any kind of paint on the back side of them should block off the light you don't want showing through.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I havent taken it apart yet is the area reacheable from the inside once spilt in half or do I have to remove the decal to paint ????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.