Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On October 20thI made another trip to North Carolina and the Blue Ridge Parkway. This is the first time for me, when the Fall colors where in their full glory. We have some pretty areas in the Ozarks, but nothing like what I saw from the Parkway.

I went with the same guy that rode Yellowstone with me in July. We got on the Parkway just North of Cherokee and got off in Asheville. It was just too much! I don't have the ability to put a description on the beauty we saw.

From Asheville we decided tomake the trip into West Virginia to visit the New River Gorge Bridge. Then we took Hwy 80 across Kentucky back to Arkansas. We saw some pretty country.

I will never get tired of looking atall thatbeauty from the seat of my Goldwing.

Bob

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Just got back from 3 days up there about 4 hours ago.
I must say that it defies all description.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

You are right it is breathtaking I ride it all the time Also while in WV if you ever get up around Marlington in the fall there is a 25 mile stretch of road rt 150 that is also beautiful .

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The colors on the BPR between Cherokee and Asheville are just now reaching their peak. Better hurry and get here to see them before they're gone. The colors this year are very bright and vivid compared to the last 5 years due to the drought.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
The colors on the BPR between Cherokee and Asheville are just now reaching their peak. Better hurry and get here to see them before they're gone. The colors this year are very bright and vivid compared to the last 5 years due to the drought.
Oh! No! You mean I got to go back! :shock:

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
imported post

:)some photos would be very nice:)

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Here is a sample until I can get the mass of them uploaded to the Gallery...

Attachments

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

pinkpork wrote:
:)some photos would be very nice:)
I did not take very many photos ... Here is one ...

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
imported post

Hi, Bob You was in my neck of the woods I live here all season.... glad you liked it... I had lunch at the Pisgah Inn 2 weeks ago it was beautiful. next time you come this way, let me know and I'll ride with you for a while....!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The weather report looks really good for this thursday and the wife may not have to work so I'm thinking about taking a run from Asheville norht toward Boone if anyone wants to go. Traffic should be on the light side as far as the big RV's go.

I'm going to Walmart later today and see if I can find a small tripod to rig my camera with.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

I was in Blairsville, GA for a week a couple of weeks ago. At lower elevations (3000' or less) the colors were starting to turn with about 30% in full glory. At higher elevations (5000'+) it was about peak. We rode in TN, GA, NC, SC, and KY. It was a great week with one day of rain, a couple of days or morning fox, and few cars and bikers.

It must be fantastic by now.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi all picture taken last sunday in birr castle ireland

Attachments

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Those are funny looking GoldWings you were riding with Monk. ;) jk

I love the fall colors, thanks for the pix guys. Ours were spectacular this year too, as usual, but are all hitting the ground now since it's been raining the last several days. :(

John

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

I rode the northeast Georgia mountains today fall color was at its peak, beautiful.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

tomusa wrote:
I rode the northeast Georgia mountains today fall color was at its peak, beautiful.
OK, so where are your pictures, huh?? ;)

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Side shot.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

You have tunnels in your backyard? :baffled:

·
Premium Member