Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello!

Does anyone know if it´s possible to use the BLUETOOT-system on a Gl 1800. I want to skip the cable between helmet an bike. :cooldj:

Regards

Thomas / Sweden

:18blue:

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

You are not the first person to aks this question Thomas, I've seen this asked on many forums before. So far nobody has been able to do this.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Thomas :waving: what the hell is a BLUETOOT. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
imported post

Thomas wrote:
Hello!

Does anyone know if it´s possible to use the BLUETOOT-system on a Gl 1800. I want to skip the cable between helmet an bike. :cooldj:

Regards

Thomas / Sweden

:18blue:
It is "bluetooth" and it 's basically the same technology that allows you to use cordless telephones. Sorry that I do not know information specific to the headsets available, though.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

sanfelice wrote:

It is "bluetooth" and it 's basically the same technology that allows you to use cordless telephones.
Hey sanfelice :waving: Ahhh! ! ! that "bluetooth" :clapper:Gosh i thought it was something new. :jumper:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Maybe Bluetoot is something you get when you eat too many blueberries?

Raymond

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
imported post

BMW have done a system for there bikes. I don't know if it's on sale yet

but it's on it's way.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

there is a system from "Micro Tec" (owned by starkey labs)comming out designed for Hearing aids that is adaptable for all kinds of applications, from my understanding "raido shack" is in the process of getting some of the equipment, from what I can recall the official roll out is set for some time in july, the good part of this is a 2 way wireless signal....very slick stuff, will be able to adapt to all kinds of needs at a low cost too!!

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Last I heard, it was being exhibited in Europe somewhere and pricing was in the $500 US range but that may have changed.

For that I'll live with wires for a while.

I have my bluetooth Blackberry mounted in a holder on my bike and I
wear a Plantronics bluetooth earphone under my helmet and can use it
for cellphone calls easily but have no way yet to use it for intercom
and radio use. The talk time on the headset is 5.5 hours
max.

So remember that when they come out with bluetooth headseats, you will
have to deal with batteries and transmission time once you use
something like it for streamed audio. Burst use for intercom
would't be too bad if the rider isn't a heavy user.

Here are a few shots of my mounted Blackberry... If anyone wants to know the details of how I mounted it, just let me know.

The leather pocket case just clips on to one of the pocket straps for when I need to leave the bike.

The Bluetooth range is about 30 feet so if I get off the bike and
forget to grab the Blackberry, it wll beep in my ear as it goes out of
range to remind me that I forgot something...

--
Rudy

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

I have a 2010 GW that has the aux 3.5mm jack installed. I can play mp3s thru it. If I plug this bluetooth box into it, I have radio, xm, everything that is on the bike and I can link my Nextel radio and answer the phone calls. This doesn't get rid of the cable, but it gives me my phone thru my helmet mic set.
I just tried it in the garage and it worked great. Tomorrow will be the on-the-road test.
Also, my phone stays on my belt it the case.

http://www.sterenshopusa.com/catalog-shop-bluetooth-earphones-for-hands-free-with-foam-pads-built-in-microphone-and-35-mm-input=AUD-772

I live in Mexico and these are readily available. I found on their site they have an international order page. This is the link to that.

hg
loving my first GW. 500 miles 1st week and going again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.