Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Scala Rider G-9 bluetooth headsets (due to a VERY generous friend), and I love using them with my iPhone 5 for GPS, music, phone calls, etc. But I was wondering if anyone had developed a bluetooth adapter that would plug into the intercom plug and let you use the radio/cassette/intercom/CB with a bluetooth headset.

:?

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
will that work with a Sena SMH10?

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Thanks Wayne, I will need to check into that. I normally just turn the volume up when I'm riding alone, but when my wife is with, she doesn't like when I do that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
GoldWingFacts.com Vendor
50 Posts
The harness for the 1500 looks the same as the 1800 except Honda in their wisdom reversed the wiring on the 1800. The harness plugs in under the pocket . The harness for the 1500 is built on a per order basis and usually ships in a day or two after order is placed.
The OEM headset plug is still available for wired headset use as the harness is inserted in line with the plug.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just hooked up a 5 pin to 3.5 jack adapter (about $20 you can find them many places (Wing Suff / Spoiled Biker / Amazon /Ebay ).
Then bought a Mpow Streambot 2 in 1 Bluetooth receiver and transmitter ( think I got that on Amazon about $30 )
My Bluetooth head set is the Uclear but I think the Mpow will pair to just about any head set. Paired them together now I can listen to the stock Goldwing stereo and hear GPS directions and it all cuts out when a phone call comes in and right back when it's done. Just make sure the Mpow is in transmitter mode before you turn it on. Besides the Bluetooth head set only about $50 gotta love that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.