Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We want to getbluetooth headsets for our helmets and I've searched forums and the various brand websites and it's very confusing. Maybe someone here has figured it out and can share what they learned.

Here's the situation: We have a '99 SE and an '04 Yamaha V-Star. Our basic need is that we want to be able to hear the stereo and have the intercom when we're together on the Wing but we also want to be able to communicate bike to bike when I'm on the Wing and she's on her V-Star. Having CB on the Wing would be nice but not essential. Additionallly, she wears hearing aids but I don't know what problems or difference that might make. Oh, and we both wear HJC Symax-II flip face helmets.

We appeciate any help or sharedexperience (success and/or failures) setting up something like this.

·
Administrator
26,571 Posts
imported post

I have the Scala rider Q2 headsets and they are good for bike to bike and cell phone and have FM radio but no way to hear the bikes stereo through them. I can play music from my cell phone through them but the sound quality is not very good.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the input.

I think I saw that someone makes a unit that can do bluetooth between bikes and intercom but also connects to the Wing stereo, etc with a cable. I've looked at so many I don't remember who that was.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

The problem you will have with bluetooth is that the range is limited to about 30 feet. If you are on two seperate bikes they won't work well between them.

And only the newest JM'S allow for stereo to be heard thru the wireless connection.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
imported post

The Q2 has a longer range, something around 500 mtrs I believe so bike to bike would work in normal running as long as both bikers were using the same Q2 system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.