Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

thinking of getting caberg viper rs-v121 helmet with bluetooth built in is there a way of connecting this to a gl1800 british spec ?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thinking if i use a goldwing 5pin din to 3.5mm headset adapter + bluetooth 3.5mm adapter would this work with bluetooth helmets??

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

No ,will not work,you will only end up damaging your wing audio unit ,you need a complete bluetooth interface . Try www.jmcorp.com but, they are expensive .

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

I am using my Garmin Zumo 550 with the Edsets on my 1800. It works great with the bikes audio system. Tony:waving:

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

Reg, yes you can add a 3.5 adapter to bluetooth. Of course you will not have mic capability for intercom, but you will be able to listen to stereo and anything that you would plug into the AUX input.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I may have misunderstood the original question ,I was answering it if you needed full bluetooth as in Phone etc to intergrate with the original Honda audio ..

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Most blue tooth headsets require something to communicate with - like a blue tooth phone.

You will need something (receiver/transmitter package) that will connect to the 1800 audio to be able to hear audio and talk to the intercom.

At one time Caberg were giving away (with the blue tooth helmet)the extra receiver/transmitter box that you would connect to the audio system.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

thanks all the viper helmets are bluetooth,you can talk to each other answer the phone so this means to listen to music only have to bluetooth the existing sockets
many thanks for the help all

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

Both the wife and I have the Viper helmets because with the bike being a Jap import there is no intercom.

They work really well when we are talking to each other and also when one of the phones go.

Integral sunvisor is also another bonus :action:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.