Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
big PIA
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a decent headset that allows you to listen to music and will let you use intercom at same time without having to push any buttons. I have a cheap set now that is a pain to set up but can't do both at same time. I want some that are very user friendly without being outrageous in cost. I am willing to look at different options. I kinda like what I am reading on mesh type setups.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Hmmm, , , $35 for cheap BT-S2 (one) up to $400+ for high end Sena(one) or Cardio's (one). My BT-S2 will get music and "mute" when paired and chatting on intercom, then back to music without touching any buttons. Due to its limitations though, I prefer my Sena 20S-Evo $185 (one) and paired to 8 devices max. Music and intercom work flawlessly.

·
big PIA
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking at the sena 20s and cardio packtalk duo, both a little pricey but considering, will be a bit if I go this route, sena is water resistant and cardio is waterproof. Just wondering who uses what. I prefer something decent, not going really cheap, I have a set like that that I don't care for

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
I doubt you'll be disappointed with the 20S, decent bang for your buck IMHO. Good range, sound, and battery life. Easy to operate with gloves on too. I have little/no experience with the cardo in person so I can't say which is better.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
My Sena SMH5 set has been through multi-day deluges and never had a problem. One of their early models, but they still provide updates to them for free download (can say that about your Honda GPS?) The SMH5 has poor music reproduction, is primarily for comms (intercom and phone). I understand higher models have better speakers. But at 55 mph, who can tell?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've used Sena SMH-10's in torrential rain for days on end, sleet, and driving snow. Never a problem with moisture.

·
big PIA
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The more I look at them and after talking to someone I know I have decided on getting the sena 20s evo. Found a dual set online cheap and my local shop told me if I found any that they would match the price. Originally well over 400 for the pair I found them online for 328, dealer said he will only make a couple dollars but he is still matching and installing them for us as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts