Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...this is a GREAT thread - well researched, well written, good and informative.

I've commented a few times on my quest to seamlessly incorporate all the sound and the CB into the headset. I share the aux plug on my Gl1800 between Mr. ZUMO and Mr. iPod. My iPod is cradled in a Ram mount on the right handle bar, the ZUMO on the left. Instead of dropping the $200 on an override system I simply built a switch that allows me to throw a toggle and move between the GPS and the tunes, works great, no complaints. Yes a little basic (switches, solder, wires, and drilled holes) but I did invest in the J&M 629 headsets, incorporated their Tucson factory into a trip last year and had them do the headset install. I love love love the Scorpion EXO-900 modular helmet and the headset has a military perfect fit. The better quality headset has been a great decision though, as noted above, somewhat pricey for what it really is. But why complain, I'm happy with the overall result

I think I've max'd out what I can get the GL1800 audio to do. It's an average quality sound system that's pretty bullet proof, the 6 disk CD player is as robust as anything I've ever had in a car, the CB is fine though the range (even with a perfectly tuned antenna) could be better but, frankly, I'm not CB Savage out cruising the highways looking for love!!!

The next evolution for me is the jump to light speed, a complete Bluetooth interface so I can remove the chords, eliminate much of the clicks, static, and white noise and get with the digital age. I've been a big Bluetooth user in all my vehicles so in comfortable with the medium.

However, I DON'T want to give up my CB. I verbalized my appreciation when a truck driver allows me to pass, I like a conversation with a professional driver when we're goings n the same direction in the middle of the night, and, frankly those conversations offer much more accurate real time weather advise than tuning in the regional weather band, computer generated broadcast and voice.

So, riddle me this fellow 'wingers: Bring everything including my CB to a SENA BT headset as seamlessly as it is wired. The J&M cost structure noted above is accurate for sure and, if possible, I'd like to beat those costs. J&M doesn't tie in my CB.

There's my challenge, I'm up for anything that comes my way.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I have the SEMANTIC SMH10 unit and have been really happy with it, especially for bike-2-bike communication. There is supposed to be an adaptor that plugs into the bike that makes the bike audio system Bluetooth. About $100 on Revzilla. I haven't got one tet, but it is on my list.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Auto spell check sucks. It's SEMA not SEMANTIC.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still interested to know if anyone has seamlessly created a blutetooth link for a GL1800 that includes full use of the CB radio. By full use I mean hearing AND talking

Injterfacing iPods, iPhones, iPads is easy now but the CB is still eluding me. Kennedy stuff is bulletproof, but lacks a CB interface. Any advice will be sampled and gobbled like a fat guy hoovering turkey on Thanksgiving!!!

-Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.