Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok I feel stupid here, I just want to be able to talk on my phone while riding, I dont have a GPS. Is there a way to still listen to my music through the bikes radio AND talk on a bluetooth headset?

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
imported post

I use the Scala rider Q2.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
imported post

Hi Snickers, i just bought a Q-2 a couple weeks ago and its the best i know of.Believe me i looked and looked around!!! this set is great i don't think you will go WRONG i cant wait til spring to use them .Until then im just walking around the house with my helmet on looking like a DORK hahahah but im ready:D

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I looked at the Q2 and it says it has an FM radio in it? Is it just a receiver or do you have to have your bike radio tied into it somehow?

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Does the Scala hook into the GoldWing's system at all?

John

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Hey John, I liked what you said, that the Air Rider integrates with the bike's intercom? The page you sent the link for doesn't mention that, how do you know it works that way?

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

flashya2 wrote:
Hey John, I liked what you said, that the Air Rider integrates with the bike's intercom? The page you sent the link for doesn't mention that, how do you know it works that way?
Good question. This line in their description is what made me believe that.
"You can chat with your passenger or talk on the CB if your bike is equipped with a CB." It would have no way of working with the CB if it was not connected to the bikes system.

I just talked with them on the phone and they confirmed it does hook into the GoldWing's factory system, and anything in that factory system, (CB, radio, intercom, MP3),will work with these headsets. Unfortunately they have not been released to manufacturing yet, so they are not yet available.

Here's what I use on my 1500. This will also work with the factory system on a 1200 and I believe an 1100 too.
JM-CFRG-390C UNIVERSAL CELL PHONE, RADAR, AND GPS INTEGRATION KIT and JM-CFRG-BT01-BLUETOOTH ADAPTER. I am very pleased with it. Snickers104 was only interested in the cell phone portion, so I didn't mention this before, but it might be the only currentlyavailable system that gives both blue tooth connectivity and connection to the bikes system.

John

·
12,840 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

OK, I have a 84 1200 interstate without a factory installed system, what would be best in that scenario?

Ritchie:baffled:

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

papabee49 wrote:
OK, I have a 84 1200 interstate without a factory installed system, what would be best in that scenario?

Ritchie:baffled:
Do you wan't Bluetooth? Do you want other accessories like a CB, MP3, GPS? What's your budget?

John

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts

·
12,840 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Ok just to make myself clear I WANT bluetooth to answer and talk on my phone AND listen to my stereo, however I DO have an XM that is FM modulated through my bikes stereo. If I use the Scala Q2 does it go through the bikes stereo to receive or can it receive FM station through the headset alone??

Now I really feel stupid!!

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

snickers104 wrote:
Now I really feel stupid!!
You shouldn't. I have looked at the Scala's a few times and still don't know whether they hook into the bikes system. It doesn't appear that they do.

John

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

OK, I just went through all the info on the Scala website, and there is nothing that would indicate that it hooks to the bikes system at all. Furthermore and important to me, in the FAQ section they talked about riding in rain, and said the unit is water resistant but not waterproof, and not to use it in heavy rain. :shock: Pretty crazy for a $300 motorcycle headset to not be waterproof if you ask me.

John

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

I looked through it all too and it looks like it has an FM receiver built in so the bikes radio\intercom system is bypassed altogether.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

snickers104 wrote:
I looked through it all too and it looks like it has an FM receiver built in so the bikes radiointercom system is bypassed altogether.
Yep, it's a self contained system, not a system that integrates with the bikes system.

The issue of not being waterproof really astounds me though, especially for a UK company.

John

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

I can get a pair of these from JC motorcycle for 240.00 for the Q2......
Does anybody know if I can find them for less somewhere else?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.