Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I wonder if these have the same problems as my Marklands did? Put my toes to far under the head and straddled the bike more. Would like to see a pic if anyone has a set. I notice they don't have a shifter, I guess they use the stock? JR

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Oldtoys, those look exactly like the ones that are on the 1200 I just bought, and I'll be ripping those off as soon as I get it home because I can't put my size 15 combat boots on 'em at all.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Yea,I'm not a big fan of the floorboards myself. It makes the bike look good. But I had seen a set of BMS on ebay and they looked quit different, more curved. Thought maybe they would mount a little further back from the head. Didn't see a shifter with it though and I've seen 2 pairs on the bay. Nobodies biting on them though one a guys been trying to get rid of for awhile,as I seen it listed at least 3 times. I'll stick with the pegs, I feel more control of the bike that way.

Thanks for the input guys.JR

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Yep, the BMS boards is what is on the 1200. It doesn't look like they come with shifter or brake pedal because they appear to be an "in addition to your standard pegs" accessory. Something to let you get your feet down a little farther.

I'll snap you some pix of them installed, and get Gina to grab a pic or 2 of my boots on 'em to give you a better idea of what they are.

And if you want 'em, pay the shipping and they'll be on their way to you just as soon as I can get 'em ripped off.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Don't have the BMS floorbaords but the 1200 before last I bought for parts had BMS passanger boards on it, they were a little higher than the passanger boards we currently have on my interstate, was thinking of trying them for Tracy as her biggest complaint on long runs is not being able to have her feet flat:shock:But now our new 1200A has the regular passanger boards with the risers on them, think I'll trythem first for Tracy, as I have to take the aspy apart for a complete overhaul anyway so might as well start there for her:action:We leave for our BRP trip on the 2nd or 3rd and want her to be as comfortable as possible.

By the way How's Gina doing? Hope all is well with you and Gina:waving:

Ride Safe, Ray:action:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

OK. Went to a bike gathering in Lynchburg got these pics and they were on a 83' I think. I wanted to see if they sat back a little. It definately looks like they are lower, they'd scrape more easily i suppose. Does use the stock shifter too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Another pics for the records. This is the brake side. Looks just too darn funky with the stock pegs still there..

Are the stocks supposed to remain of did this guy just do it his way?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I'm thinking the stocks have to remain because there isn't a shifter or brake set.

I almost think they're designed to be some kind of highway board that you drop your feet down on if your legs get tired of the stock position...without having to change everything.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Hokey smokes!! If those mounted any lower, you wouldn't need a center-stand.

I'd scrape those just getting out of the driveway.

I'll add this to my mental list of stoopid stuff. :D

What that appears to be - is a highway peg for those that don't want to look like they're in a gynecologist's chair.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
imported post

Since I have a trike, I don't have to worry about scraping a set of boards like that. Wish they made them to fit a 1500. I would like a set of boards, but do not wish to give up my shifter and brake pedal.

Besides, would this set-up not be the great-grandfather of the Mick-O-Pegs as far as the whole concept goes? :?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.