Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adding Radar that will over-ride the Cruise control if you get too close to the car in front.
it is on a lot of cars now, and it just might make its' way to our motorcycles.

what I am wondering is, how will it work on 2 lane highways?

the oncoming car is running 65 mph, same as you are so closing speed is 130 mph.
is the system programmed to ignore "out of zone" radar contacts?

·
Administrator
25,735 Posts
The radar has to be aimed directly in front of the vehicle. If you need adaptive cruise you have no business driving.

Reactions: flylow

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
I have it on my RAV 4 Toyota. I love it. Takes some getting used to but I set it once I get on the freeway and hardly ever have to touch the pedal. When someone cuts infront of you it slows you down and when they move or you change lanes again it speeds up. You can set the distance of the vehicle in front of you before it activates.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Some need technology to function In this scary, better be involved, environment and the tech world needs buyers. Win, win for both.

At first they claimed they needed autos,so that there is more time to focus on driving, by not having to do any of that pesky, little, shifting stuff and now they need ACC because watching traffic in front is still too much focus!

Hey, you can’t make this stuff up.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Well since BMW has demoed an autonomous bike, they don't really need you to go for a ride, anyway.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
We have ACC on our new Freightliner,once u set it just let it work,I was in west Texas and was just past sunset and dark and my truck suddenly started braking and there was a vehicle just ahead of me with no rear lights,the truck saw it before I did.

Reactions: AZgl1800
1 - 8 of 8 Posts