Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Requesting your thoughts. I have a 2008, 1800 and just had the tires replaced, new front brakes, oil changed and the coolant checked. During this it was found I had a small leak in one one of the forks, so I ask them to make the repairs.
I live out of town a ways and out off a dirt road about ½ mile or so. Leaving the shop and riding home it seemed like all was good, till I left the pavement, then I get this popping, rattle and scraping coming from the front of the bike, kinda like plastic hitting.
Its still winter here so the next few days the bike is in the shed. The next good ride day, he same thing happens as I leave but for the most part disappears when on smooth roadways, still handles great. I took all the front wheel fenders, ring of fire off, looked for and check for drag by spinning the wheel and found nothing. After putting all back together, same issue.

Other info: slow speeds under 10 mph on the dirt road
slow speed on roadway, hear a slight scrape in rotation (thinks that's the new pads)
high speeds noise goes away

So the Honda shop is a small one and the repairman is now out with an injured leg, don't know when I will get it back in.

Your ideas please

Mark “Shadow” PGR WA State

·
Administrator
25,037 Posts
May be one of the brake pads is not installed properly. Look in from the front at the inside brake pads. It will be easy to spot if it's out of place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts