Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am trying to repair cracks in the trunk of my 1200 I, would anyone know what could be used ," that will work" thanks, Gary

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I would use "5 minute Epoxy" on the inside of the truck, it comes in a big syringe and works great!

Someone on this site said they use a "Black Epoxy" (syringe type) to match the color, I've never seen Black in the States or Canada but you can ask?

Can use "Fiber Glass" , but unless you're an expert with it , it's a mess and tricky to apply!

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Or a better bet is U-Pols Plastic-X repair. Really good and doesn't eventually flake away like some epoxy glues.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Hey Steve, thought you were away until tomorrow! Did you buy loadsa shiny bits for the Wing!! :p

BTW, the UPol plastic repair stuff comes in hard & soft versions. Bike shops prefer the hard type for typical ABS plastic repair.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

The soldering iron trick is how it's doe anyway Alan. The plastic welding lads just use a fancy machine that applies the abs as itmelts the damaged surface. Sound tip, using a soldering iron and its just a bit slower than the fancy way.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

The Plastic-X from UPol is definitely the way to go, unless you are handy with the soldering iron. Fibreglass is no good for plastic, it just flakes off, so does epoxy adhesive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.