Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am trying to repair cracks in the trunk of my 1200 I, would anyone know what could be used ," that will work" thanks, Gary

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I would use "5 minute Epoxy" on the inside of the truck, it comes in a big syringe and works great!

Someone on this site said they use a "Black Epoxy" (syringe type) to match the color, I've never seen Black in the States or Canada but you can ask?

Can use "Fiber Glass" , but unless you're an expert with it , it's a mess and tricky to apply!

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Or a better bet is U-Pols Plastic-X repair. Really good and doesn't eventually flake away like some epoxy glues.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Hey Steve, thought you were away until tomorrow! Did you buy loadsa shiny bits for the Wing!! :p

BTW, the UPol plastic repair stuff comes in hard & soft versions. Bike shops prefer the hard type for typical ABS plastic repair.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

I used a very large soldering iron and some cut up strips of ABS plastic to repair mine. You can't even tell it's been repaired and there is no worries about disimilar materials showing thru the finished paintwork.

Vic

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Thats a good tipa bout the soldering iron. I will be trying that out sometime!

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

The soldering iron trick is how it's doe anyway Alan. The plastic welding lads just use a fancy machine that applies the abs as itmelts the damaged surface. Sound tip, using a soldering iron and its just a bit slower than the fancy way.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

The Plastic-X from UPol is definitely the way to go, unless you are handy with the soldering iron. Fibreglass is no good for plastic, it just flakes off, so does epoxy adhesive.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Plastifix is good stuff as well, although not as easy to work with as the U-Pol item and also considerably more expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.