Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As most know, the Moderators and Admins try very hard to keep the Tech Posts Index up to date with the most important tech articles.

For most of us, there are a lot of things of interest relating to the forum that we bookmark.

I have just edited my bookmarks today, sorted them for easy reading/finding stuff.

And I have stripped out all of my personal junk that would just be clutter for nearly everyone except myself.

What remains is essentially a much more in-depth set of bookmarks to the SSGW Forum.

I bookmark everything that is of interest to me that "just might" be of use to a newbie or anyone asking a general question.

I am making them freely available for anyone to use.

You can use them in more than one way.

1) just keep the file on your desktop and click on it, scroll down to what you want. This is tedious at best, but it gives you an insight to what I have done.

2) Simply import them into your browser. This will give you an overlay into your browser's bookmark system. This will make them a lot easier to read, and they will sort correctly plus they will be all together in one place.

There are a lot of other ways, these are just the two simplest for me to write about.

click on this link, store it on your desktop.

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1305533478/d2f2cae519da81aa1bc2a2f3ccddec3c

Free to anyone.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

Thanks.
That'll give me something worthwhile to do when the snow starts.
:dighole:

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
imported post

sounds like a great thing to do.i have tried to remember some of the things i may need to do later ..but that is a lost cause ..how do i book mark what i want to read about later...thanks for any help...rich

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
imported post

just went to the link in your note .works great thanks ..just what i needed ...rich

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Most web browsers honor the same keystrokes.

I use Control-D or Right-Click Bookmark,
normally though I just do the ^D keystroke,

that brings up a menu to where you can put that bookmark.
Rather than just add them to the bottom of your list, it is easier to find stuff later if you will take the time to create
a "top down" bookmarking system.

That is the type of system you will see in the bookmarks that I have provided.

ie,

Top level bookmark is
Motorcycles

then you will see sub-categories

Each of those sub categories is further broken down in the sub-topic for what is being bookmarked.

A lot of stuff is generic and relates to all of the different bikes. For those, I do not put them under the major sub-topics, I create minor sub-topic labels below the numerical numbers

It takes a bit of practice to get it right, and I am not perfect by any means. I find sub-topic labels and then nothing in them. That means that I needed to create a new sub-topic and did so, but then I failed to be sure that new label is highlighted before I save the bookmark. Alas, that means it went into the blue sky somewhere and with over 5,000 bookmarks, I have not a clue where it landed.

Oh well, that is why there are applications that can look for duplicates and help you sort out which ones to keep.

Mostly though, I don't like duplicate programs because some of them will delete stuff w/o telling you about it. Got to be careful or your hard won bookmark system will get holes in it.

PM me if you want more info.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
imported post

Wow...very nice. Thanks for all your work putting this together.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
imported post

Thanks! I have that now as a bookmark under motorcycle forums. I just open it and select what I want.

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
imported post

Way to go, John. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

I don't know that I imported them quite right, but they arein there. Thanks for the info John.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Nice! Good job, Makes finding that important stuff right at your finger tips in a nice easy format.

Thanks John

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Glad that you can find some use for them.

Just my way of paying it forward, and backward. Especially since you guys 'n gals have put up with me since my Penske disease hit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.