Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I don't know if this is the right forum or not, but i saw somewhere that someone wrote several books on tips on long distance riding on the gold wing. From clothes to wear and not wear etc. Does anyone have that info, please e-mail me.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I don't know of a book specifically for the goldwings. But there are many books for motorcycle travel. I recently got one with a lot of good info.

"Then essential guide to Motorcycle travel"

Amazon.com: The Essential Guide to Motorcycle Travel: Tips, Technology, Advanced Techniques: Dale Coyner: Books

There are other books of the like that you may find interesting. Amozon.com seems to have the best prices that I have found.

And then when you have a question, post it here and you will be amazed at the invaluble help you will recieve. There are some real road worriors on this forum that gave me what I needed to know to make my first solo trip to the Rockies. And it was the most wonderful experience in my life.

Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
imported post

I also have read the above book. A fairly easy read with lots of reference to touring gear. It is after all winter for a great many of us. A good time to read and dream. Today is supposed to reach the low to mid sixties my location. The streets are loaded with sand from the 3 days of snow we had a week or so ago. However Wanda (my wing) is always ready to ride and I am contemplating a careful cruise. We shall see.

Ride long and often.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
imported post

Very "old school" and full of good advice. "The Complete Motorcycle Nomad" by Roger Lovin. It was my bible for my first trip. Chicago to Canada to Mexico and back to Chicago on a1946 HD WA 45.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
imported post

You might also check out Daniel Meyer's site. He is a valk rider with multiple hundreds of thousands of miles with stories and tech tips.

http://www.lifeisaroad.com

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

I just finished "Motorcycle Touring" by Dr. Gregory Frazier, as Popeye's post suggests. Good read with lots of stories from his four trips around the world. He gives good suggestions on how to protect oneself and one's property while away from home, especially in foreign countries. He's ridden everything on his many travels, seems to opt for smaller/lighter bikes than the GoldWing, but he's traveled on them as well. Good read, gave me some pointers for the unexpected problems one might face.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

Check out this website...

http://www.bamarider.com/

This is not a Goldwing site ... but there is a lot of long distance information available. His bikes are the ST and the BMW.

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

The ADVENTURE RIDER site has a pretty good number of guys who do long distance, a search there might turn up something useful.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Here's a good place, with books about just about everything motorcycle!

:cheeky1:

http://www.whitehorsepress.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=4
Thats where I first saw some of the books I was interested in. But the prices at Amazon.com are much better for the same exact book. Near 1/2 the cost.

There's another book we are ALL waiting for......... but for some reason the "auther" is getting a kick outa keeping us all in suspense.;)

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
There's another book we are ALL waiting for......... but for some reason the "auther" is getting a kick outa keeping us all in suspense.;)
I take it you are referring to the figurative 'ALL', not the literal 'ALL' in this case. :waving:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Winger77 wrote:
I take it you are referring to the figurative 'ALL', not the literal 'ALL' in this case. :waving:
Yeah Rudy,,,,,,,,,,, you have to take a Dutchman by what he means and not what he says.:)

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

I haven't read Dale's book yet, but if it is as interesting as he is it should be good. I met Dale at his shop in Sterling, I used to live in Leesburg, VA. I had no clue he was writing books but I can say he is a very avid rider.

He is also participating in a website that deals with trailering. http://www.mctrailerguide.com/ There is a lot of good info there but you have to register to get to most of it.

Henry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.